PDA

View Full Version : neutral light

deathcorefan2
03-01-2009, 12:24 PM
i have race plastics and all my neutral lights and everything are gone, do i have to get a 400ex neutral light or can i make one out of a different light and mount it somewhere to look cool :cool: ?

if so has anyone done it, how does it look, what did you use, and do you have pics.

thanks.

buster024
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm not totally sure if this is what you are asking, but you could upgrade your bar clamp. Modquad makes a bar clamp that has 2 spaces for dummy lights notched in it. I have a pic if this is what you are looking for.

deathcorefan2
03-01-2009, 12:30 PM
nah, i just want a light mounted somewhere, like if i hooked up the stock neutral light and mounted it somewhere on the bars, would that be difficult?

im a newbie at this stuff for the most part...
lol

buster024
03-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I've seen them mounted on the side of the plastics, or on a fender next to the reverse switch. You can cut a hole anywhere.

deathcorefan2
03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
i was thinking mounted by my start button and stuff..idk i was just trying to get ideas to be unique.

Stoke88
03-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Drill a hole somewhere on the tank piece or something and mount it there. I'd leave it off though. Its probably more trouble than its worth.

deathcorefan2
03-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Stoke88
Drill a hole somewhere on the tank piece or something and mount it there. I'd leave it off though. Its probably more trouble than its worth.

why? my 400ex is tough to get into neutral...and i would like to know when it actually IS in neutral lol.

hondaking52
03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
you could put it anywhere you want, just trace the wire back to where it clicks into the wirering harness, take it out, and make a new wire with watever light on the end you want, and put it where ever you want it to be...

deathcorefan2
03-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
you could put it anywhere you want, just trace the wire back to where it clicks into the wirering harness, take it out, and make a new wire with watever light on the end you want, and put it where ever you want it to be...

THAT.
is what i was looking for.

THANK YOU.

also...anyone know where i can find a blue light about that size?

hondaking52
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
THAT.
is what i was looking for.

THANK YOU.

also...anyone know where i can find a blue light about that size? lol, np, as for the light, i would start at ur hardware store, it's just a green cap so if you could find a blue one you'd be set to, idk if painting it would work...

deathcorefan2
03-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
lol, np, as for the light, i would start at ur hardware store, it's just a green cap so if you could find a blue one you'd be set to, idk if painting it would work...
nah painting wouldn't but thanks..im gonna do that. i can get a stock neutral light form a 400ex on ebay for 5 bucks.