PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw RUB !!!

Outlaw6;=-
02-28-2009, 10:51 PM
all u outlaw owners that might not know about the damage the side panels are doing. The only problem that i ever had heard of was from the left side panel rubbing on the rad, which could wear a hole in the rad.
Well i found a few other problems.
1. Left side panel on the rad
2. Right side panel on the rad
3. Right side panel on the rad surge tank
4. Right side panel on the rad hose.
If u guys have not checked what the side panels may be rubbing on u might want to check and maybe update any other wear spots the body panels are causing.

demon rider
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
I had the plastic go through the left side of the rad. Lucky for me it happened while i was putting her in the shed and she was still under warranty. Fixed it with two spacer washers between the plastic and the rad and a longer bolt.

Plainbroke
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Does this appy to the 08 model 525s ?
mine has a black plastic piece that the rad bolts to and then the shrouds are screwed too, is that what everyone is talking about.
I see no place that could rub anything..

SSJEFF
03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Plainbroke
mine has a black plastic piece that the rad bolts to and then the shrouds are screwed too, is that what everyone is talking about.

this was fixed in 07.

demon rider
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Plainbroke

I'm told it was fixed in 07 but I can't confirm it. As for the location of the rub on my bike it was not exactly where the plastic bolts on to but the plastic just passes by the rad. I'll get some pics this weekend when I go out home.