PDA

View Full Version : Who got ATV 2 for christmas?

GameProducer
12-25-2002, 07:29 PM
Hey guys...
Just wondering who got ATV 2 for christmas? Do you guys really enjoy the game? I am the games producer and I was wondering what people thought of it.

Bean
12-25-2002, 07:32 PM
i enjoy it alot, most of the music sucks hardcore, u should have encluded the songs from the first one, go more on the metal, speed, hard rock type of music, not the rap country stuff on the new game, other than that, that is about my only complaint

HOT-ROD
12-25-2002, 07:46 PM
my buddy frogburner got it , i think its bad as*

luvmyex
12-25-2002, 07:50 PM
I got it too.Good game,look foward to playing online.I hope i won that kawi 700 4wheela too:D

TheRedRebel17
12-25-2002, 08:00 PM
All good ...except the graphics and maybe some different freestyle courses but the quads rule.....

Chef
12-25-2002, 08:12 PM
I've had it for a while now, its alot better, besides the music, than the first one. I got bored with it fast though. You guys need to make the next one so you can mod your own quad. Have different kinds of racing, Desert, sand dunes (with paddle tires and roosts), TT Racing, MX, XC, Drag quads...everything.

cabex
12-25-2002, 08:13 PM
whats up with no kfx 400 or z400?

:confused:

O yeah and for the next one y should make it so a person can earn money and mod their own quad. and include major aftermarket producers! that would be awsome

cabex
12-25-2002, 08:15 PM
Im sure if you take all the recomendations from all the people on this forum and put them into the next game You will have one of the best games ever!

Glow Plug
12-25-2002, 08:18 PM
I think i like atv off road fury 1 more just because i just like the tracks a bit more :confused: but i also do like that there was likethe ct nac's etc etc on the game oh yeah better music please i have a 2 song playlist comeon.
i do like the first person veiw that makes the game feel alot more realistic that way and yeah good game over all thought

sweet300ex
12-25-2002, 08:31 PM
I got it and it is a pretty good game except there is no long straits to wheelie and the tracks are kinda lame,the quads are great and so are the camera views

GameProducer
12-26-2002, 08:04 AM
Guys,
Thank you for all the comments so far. As for the music, we where not in charge of the music for this or the first game. Sony handles all that so we really did not have a say so at all. About the upgrading quads. What do you guys think about the following:

Pick a stock quad and througout the game you win money. Winning money allows you to buy parts (Frames, A-Arms, Swing Arm, Shocks, Axles, Plastic, Graphics, Motor, Exhaust). There will not be any race quads that you can purchase like this year. You are going to have to build them all.

Let me know what you guys think of that....

***PS***
Sucks that Jeremy McGrath Retired!

Pro400EXC
12-26-2002, 08:09 AM
You should also make a code so that ppl like me thatv are too lazy to race the whole thing can get a buncha money by entering a code...thnk........:D

P.S. I though it was good (the 2nd one)

killed300ex
12-26-2002, 08:11 AM
i dont have the game but a friend does and that would be crazy if you guys did that. It would make it so much more realistic
killed

Glow Plug
12-26-2002, 08:15 AM
Good i'm gid that magarth (sp???) retired it's about time that some else got a chance at the titile

Pro400EXC
12-26-2002, 08:19 AM
Ummm...were have you been RC already got the Championship...now if your talkin about "the king" title...well yah RC will claim that also...but for now RC is the Outdoor King

Glow Plug
12-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Well i don't really follow mx to much alll i really know is that emig was the one who took the title away from magrath a few years back and then he quit then rc came into the pro classi started winning :)

sweet300ex
12-26-2002, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GameProducer
[B]Guys,
Thank you for all the comments so far. As for the music, we where not in charge of the music for this or the first game. Sony handles all that so we really did not have a say so at all. About the upgrading quads. What do you guys think about the following:

Pick a stock quad and througout the game you win money. Winning money allows you to buy parts (Frames, A-Arms, Swing Arm, Shocks, Axles, Plastic, Graphics, Motor, Exhaust). There will not be any race quads that you can purchase like this year. You are going to have to build them all.

Let me know what you guys think of that....

I think thats a great idea!! just have more stock quads like the Z!

RancherNC350
12-26-2002, 08:50 AM
manual transmissoins and 4x4s w/ rockcrawling would be nice too. but i like the idea of winning the money to upgrade the quad alot!

Extremeracer167
12-26-2002, 09:03 AM
I think 2 is so much better then 1! Its more realistic when u caome railing into a turn and the *****end actally slides around, and the rider really leanes off the quad in the 2nd one also. The quads are awesome also! and the hockey game is KICK*****! I def. think #2 is better. i really like the idea of getting money to upgrade quads. I just think u need to get rid of the Ravages and all the other fake quads. those get annoying. the 6000, thats just gay. But i love the idea of the nacs, duncan, CT, etc quads. But i def. think that u should even it out more. Anymore the 4 strokes are are just as fast as alot of the 2 strokes. And in the game the 4 strokes get WALKED on by the Rs. But other then that, Great game, and i cant wait to play 3!

Extremeracer167
12-26-2002, 09:04 AM
oh and i think if u wanted to take a step above all others. Make an actual XC track. Not just flying down a dirtroad with trees on the side. But i mean TIGHT with creeks, hills, ruts...etc. If u could do that, it would be so much better! Maybe some TT racing.

Benficachop
12-26-2002, 09:20 AM
I got atv off road fury. I love it the graphics are so detiald

4punksdad
12-26-2002, 09:53 AM
we have had the game since it came out. we love it. I would like to see a 4x4 quad racing option.......

also.......I would like to see dial up connections able to race online with cable users..........

cool game.
why did you come here to ask opinions? maybe you folks should buy some advertising & help support our site since we all obviously help support your product. just a thought

12-26-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

why did you come here to ask opinions? maybe you folks should buy some advertising & help support our site since we all obviously help support your product. just a thought

As another site moderator I agree...:D

I too have the game and it does kick butt,,great job guys..;)

Pappy
12-26-2002, 10:12 AM
i have 1 &2 ....both are great. i got ghost recon for christmas....and its a toss up now. make me a copy where i can ride a blingin quad and dust the bad guys :eek: lmfao!!!

im with 4punks....i'd like to see a sponsorship outta you guys....think of the feed back and customer interaction you could get:p

GameProducer
12-26-2002, 10:40 AM
You guys ask why did I come here to ask people what they thought

Well I have been coming here for about 3 weeks now and I see that most of you guys know what you are talking about. We are currently not working on ATV3 just yet. But I want to find out what people think up front so that we can plan around it. As for the advertisment side...Well that is out of my hands there.

chad400ex
12-26-2002, 10:58 AM
I think that the game should have the "Gran Turismo" format. Buy a quad, used, new, whatever....and win races to upgrade that quad. You should also be able to win quads at the end of a race series. This would give the users something to shoot for. It would be great to have alot of options for modifying the quads (shocks, tires, exhuast, big bore engines, porting, light weight parts, etc...) I just got ATV 2 last night, I'm about ready to plug it in and give it a shot. I bought the PS2 just so I could have the first ATV Off Road Fury game. Keep up the good work.

jello
12-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Things needed to work on:
there should be a 4x4 part.... mby rock crawls
you should beable to mod your quad
sony should fix the music
you should beable to use the clutch
KEEP HOCKEY ON THE 3rd one! that is the coolest game ever!!

:devil :D :devil

edit : cable should beable to play dial up in races

GameProducer
12-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Ok guys...Leaking some information early so please keep it to this site....We think that we have a working clutch for our next game. So far it is really fun to play with and it really works...

Sportrax10
12-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Thats cool, but there has to be stock Raptors, Banshees, kfx/z 400. Also you should ba able to buy allready tricked out quads, but it will cost a LOT of money.
This site can really help you out, so im with Rico and 4punks. support this site!

GameProducer
12-26-2002, 12:32 PM
Give you guys some insite as to where the following bikes are:

Yamaha Raptor - Yamaha did not want to be part of this game this year. We where able to call the Banshee the Trinity bike and had to make some changes in order to get away with it.

Suzuki Z400 - There was one orginally. Suzuki pulled out about a week before we went gold.

Kawasaki Z400 - This was another bike that was pulled from the game. Kawasaki asked us to replace the 400 with the 700. We got the photos about 2 weeks before we went gold.

Polaris - Could not come through with contracts.

Cannondale - Pulled out as well. So we changed the graphics a tad bit and called it the Patriot

GameProducer
12-26-2002, 12:34 PM
I know most of you guys do not like the music for the game. But what do you think about the new bike sounds. We got Arizona's fastest racers to come out and do sound shoots for us. Just for the record Jack from Lonestar was one of the guys. You really ripped on him bad a few weeks back. Sorry that you guys did not like him. To be really honest he is a really cool guy that helped make the game that you guys are all playing.

4punksdad
12-26-2002, 12:57 PM
hey rico............you smell something?

knighttime
12-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Well first off I think the game is great. ATV Fury 2 is even better than the first. But to be brutally honest, I think the soundtrack for ATV 2 sucks except for maybe like 2 songs. :(

game = :D

soundtrack = :( :confused: :grr :huh

Crazy4bluEx
12-26-2002, 01:11 PM
you smell something?
its gettin deep.....:D :huh

*K*

BradB
12-26-2002, 01:13 PM
I think there should be 4x4's and mud tracks. I lilke the idea of being able to get money and modding your own quad though. This one is a lot more realistic then the first, but still isnt taht realistic.. I was kind of dissapointed to see that there wasnt any stock Yamaha quads. I also think there should be a drag tack that you can drag down or wheelie down. I think the bikes sound awesome, but that music has got to go

Chef
12-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
hey rico............you smell something?

I sure do...but that one post about why the different manufacturers pulled out seems believable...

GameProducer
12-26-2002, 01:32 PM
Guys,
If you do not belive me that I am the games producer ask me anything you want about things only I might know. I have been in the game industry for over 8 years. I have shipped over 30 games and I am a quad racer. I have even been on the cover of some atv magazines....Ask away if you think something smells funny :)

knighttime
12-26-2002, 02:06 PM
I hope u enjoy this site and stay and post often. What quad do u like to use the most on the ATV 2 game?
:confused:

tants
12-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by GameProducer
Guys,
If you do not belive me that I am the games producer ask me anything you want about things only I might know. I have been in the game industry for over 8 years. I have shipped over 30 games and I am a quad racer. I have even been on the cover of some atv magazines....Ask away if you think something smells funny :)

what kinda quad?

4Man450es
12-26-2002, 02:38 PM
I got fury 2 for christmas and i love it!... i am almost done beating it on the normal difficulty.

lildude
12-26-2002, 04:21 PM
i think the game needs to take longer to beat if it didnt have the online feature it wouldve gotten really boring by now........and 1 thing i liked about the first one better was that there is a hill that is actually hard to climb you can actually roll down it and in#2 you can actually hit a tree and somtimes not even fall off.......i like the 4x4 rock climbin idea and other games and stuff for 4 wheel drive bikes

this game must have been on alot of peoples xmas list when i first got it (the friday it was supposed to come out) there was always like 10 /30 active games and it has been like that till yesterday.......i just checked and there was like 74 active games lol

Bean
12-26-2002, 05:37 PM
here is some ideas

music - more like the 1rst one, metal, speed, rock, none of that redneck, rap crap

being able to sell, trade, and mod quads would rule, also, being able to buy quads, that have some mods on them, being able to buy a sparks pipe, and motor kit, would be the stuff i would think, from other racers in the game, or trading parts with them, would be cool, like being able to buy a used banshee with some mods instead of building it up, would be sweet, more realistic, deff include the mini games, the gear and stuff choices you have now rules, on the pro and expert champs, mabe you can include Farr, Gust, etc, on their bikes instead of random names, to make it more like the real world, also, dragging, mudding, some freestyle duning, hillclimbing championships, longest jumps, like X-games sorta thing, a freestyle place, where other CPU controlled quads would be out jumpin around as well, would be cool as h*ll, etc would be sweet, TT would be cool to, XC'n would be nice, and some ice racing would be coool, mabe add some voices, like in a TIPS thing, of a real pro, like where the races are loading, when it shows the tips, have a pro like Farr, Creech, voice them to make it be cool, i do like the current selection of bikes, it would be cool to have more, like the 250x, a stock 250r would be unique, and so on, make it more like some PS2 racing games, where if you wanted to run paddles in a MX, you could if it floated your boat, instead of that fancy bar showing gearing, mabe u could rig it where it gives sproket numbers, and below that a bar showing changes, then u can add or take a tooth off, and the bar would move, that would be neat

sorry for the book guys, just tryin to help make the perfect game

tants
12-26-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Bean
here is some ideas

music - more like the 1rst one, metal, speed, rock, none of that redneck, rap crap

being able to sell, trade, and mod quads would rule, also, being able to buy quads, that have some mods on them, being able to buy a sparks pipe, and motor kit, would be the stuff i would think, from other racers in the game, or trading parts with them, would be cool, like being able to buy a used banshee with some mods instead of building it up, would be sweet, more realistic, deff include the mini games, the gear and stuff choices you have now rules, on the pro and expert champs, mabe you can include Farr, Gust, etc, on their bikes instead of random names, to make it more like the real world, also, dragging, mudding, some freestyle duning, hillclimbing championships, longest jumps, like X-games sorta thing, a freestyle place, where other CPU controlled quads would be out jumpin around as well, would be cool as h*ll, etc would be sweet, TT would be cool to, XC'n would be nice, and some ice racing would be coool, mabe add some voices, like in a TIPS thing, of a real pro, like where the races are loading, when it shows the tips, have a pro like Farr, Creech, voice them to make it be cool, i do like the current selection of bikes, it would be cool to have more, like the 250x, a stock 250r would be unique, and so on, make it more like some PS2 racing games, where if you wanted to run paddles in a MX, you could if it floated your boat, instead of that fancy bar showing gearing, mabe u could rig it where it gives sproket numbers, and below that a bar showing changes, then u can add or take a tooth off, and the bar would move, that would be neat

sorry for the book guys, just tryin to help make the perfect game

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-men!

cjpoole1
12-26-2002, 06:36 PM
you should have to use more technique like clutching and sliding like in Ricky Carmicheal MX 2002, I think it is way more realistic and challenging than either ATV Fury, also make the tracks real tracks like on MX 2002. I like the buying and building idea too like in Gran Turismo

250xex
12-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Give you guys some insite as to where the following bikes are:

Yamaha Raptor - Yamaha did not want to be part of this game this year. We where able to call the Banshee the Trinity bike and had to make some changes in order to get away with it.

Suzuki Z400 - There was one orginally. Suzuki pulled out about a week before we went gold.

Kawasaki Z400 - This was another bike that was pulled from the game. Kawasaki asked us to replace the 400 with the 700. We got the photos about 2 weeks before we went gold.

Polaris - Could not come through with contracts.

Cannondale - Pulled out as well. So we changed the graphics a tad bit and called it the Patriot

Why did these companies not want there bikes in the game?

01TRX300EX
12-27-2002, 08:23 AM
I think its a great game. A Gran Turismo format would be a lot better though, I still haven't beaten that game, although I play it off and on. More tracks would be a plus, ecspecially tight XC tracks with creeks and ruts and stuff just like what they race in GNCC. I would also like to see some TT tracks as well as a few Ice Racing tracks, so that everyone is covered. A real clutch would be nice, when I try to drag race my brother up the big hill in Sonora Dunes we have to sit there with no throttle then punch it, I would rather have the engine rev up then drop the clutch and go. I would also like to see a manual transmission option, I think it adds more realism to the game. 4x4's would also be cool with rock crawling and mud pits. I would also like to be able to drag race other people up the hills, I heard you could do this but I havent found out how yet. And one last thing, as your modifying your quad you should also get to pay to have a dyno run to see how much hp you gain. As for the music, I don't really care, I turn it off anyways since I like country and I really doubt Sony is going to put country on there. Ok thats it for now.

HondaSpeed03
12-27-2002, 08:37 AM
Hey Gameproducer, Is there anyway you could possibly IM me on AOL or AIM. I need to talk to you about something. My AOL name is YamahaSpeed01. Thanks!

Bean
12-27-2002, 08:56 AM
something else would be cool, being able to use 4wd quads in a MX race, like if you wanted to race a Grizz with paddles in MX, you could if it floated your boat, that would give it more replay, also, if you do decide to make a XC type thing, make some fat mud pits, creecks, etc on it to make it really sweet, and let us pick 250r's and such for this type of racing

exrider360
12-27-2002, 09:12 AM
Yeo i got its pretty good the quadea are sick like the cannondaleive been playing sence yestersday me and my dad have like 5 5 new quads

Stunz
12-27-2002, 09:27 AM
I know most of you guys do not like the music for the game. But...

I like the music.

NTPracing22
12-27-2002, 09:39 AM
i did!

GameProducer
12-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Guys,
Thank you for the responses on ATV! It seems that most of you would like to see the following items:

1) 4x4 Quads with mud pits and rock climbing
2) XC tracks that you have to go through streams, mud hills, etc.
3) Upgradeable quads
4) TT tracks
5) Clutch

Well to give you guys some insite on the following requests and why we did not include them in ATV 2...

1) 4x4 Quads - We tried to figure out games to play and really could not make anything fun out of it. Climbing rocks is a blast in real life but once you start trying to play it in a game it really was not that much fun.

2) XC Tracks - Wanted to do this but we ran out of time.

3) Upgradeable Quads - This is going to have to wait for a sequel. This is going to take a great deal of development time and we want to make sure that it is right when we do it. Look for something like this in future Rainbow Studios games.

4) TT Tracks - We played this this option in ATV 1. It just really was not that much fun. When the new hardware comes out "PS3" we will be able to get more bikes on the tracks. Once that happens then TT style races will be more fun to play. You really do need a great deal of bikes to make it worth while.

5) Clutch - In order to do this we really need to come up with a new physics model. We currently have this working and it plays really good in our next game to come out next year some time. Not much more I can say about it until we announce that game.

12-30-2002, 05:27 PM

Does that mean ya got enough time ta finish before the next release???:D :D

12-30-2002, 05:46 PM
you should have to use more technique like clutching and sliding like in Ricky Carmicheal MX 2002, I think it is way more realistic and challenging than either ATV Fury, also make the tracks real tracks like on MX 2002. I like the buying and building idea too like in Gran Turismo

i got mx2002 for xmas, its cool, the amateur class isnt very hard (which duh, its amateur), while the pro 125 class is a lot harder. Clutching doesnt help that much in mx2002. but i think they could have done a better job with some of the freestyle, i mean, i can do a double backfliped hart attack to supermanseat grab indian air, then do a tailwhip and land :blah that seems very unrealistic, but its fun :devil ...... cool how it has REAL tracks, im on loretta lyns, and theres this other one called "truckee" and this one jump is like 500 ft long :huh , also i can land from 100ft in the air goin 0mph and i land it perfectly :huh ... and i like seeing my name "layke" with "666" on the back :devil of the riders jersey :D

is there preloading or powersliding on atv2?

ps-dont powerslide in that game, it doesnt help, just let off the gas, dont even use the brakes lol, just let off the gas, then get on the gas :blah

ps2(#2:blah)-i dont think i want atv2 anymore :o , gta3 is callin my name :eek:

OG350
12-30-2002, 06:05 PM
Guys,
Thank you for the responses on ATV! It seems that most of you would like to see the following items:

3) Upgradeable quads
4) TT tracks
5) Clutch

Well to give you guys some insite on the following requests and why we did not include them in ATV 2...

1) 4x4 Quads - We tried to figure out games to play and really could not make anything fun out of it. Climbing rocks is a blast in real life but once you start trying to play it in a game it really was not that much fun.

3) Upgradeable Quads - This is going to have to wait for a sequel. This is going to take a great deal of development time and we want to make sure that it is right when we do it. Look for something like this in future Rainbow Studios games.

4) TT Tracks - We played this this option in ATV 1. It just really was not that much fun. When the new hardware comes out "PS3" we will be able to get more bikes on the tracks. Once that happens then TT style races will be more fun to play. You really do need a great deal of bikes to make it worth while.

5) Clutch - In order to do this we really need to come up with a new physics model. We currently have this working and it plays really good in our next game to come out next year some time. Not much more I can say about it until we announce that game.
Hmm thats bs dude cause for the console game develpers are supposed to finish the game. Unlike on the pc side they realease it when a majority of it is done and they just complete it over a period of time with patchs.I have doubts that u dont work for Rainbow Studios because the company and its staff are specifically told to not release info on upcoming games otherwise they might get into trouble

OG350
12-30-2002, 06:09 PM
Guys,

3) Upgradeable quads
4) TT tracks
5) Clutch

If the hardware is out there why wait for ps3 to come out in 2005 when u can jump on the X-box bandwagon because the x-box's gpu and cpu have much more power than sony's crappy emotion engine with is very dated.I mean why even stick with sony when u can go to the x-box and have more features and more frames per second with tons more polygons per second compared to the ps2.

GameProducer
12-30-2002, 06:10 PM
What information have I release about up and coming games? Just that we are working on more racing games? It really does not bother me that you do not belive that I work for Rainbow Studios. I know that right now I am sitting at work (Rainbow). I know that my company is owned by THQ. I also know that I can answer any questions that you might have to prove who I am :)

GameProducer
12-30-2002, 06:12 PM
Sony Computer Entertainment is the publisher of ATV 2. Since they are a 1st party company do you really think that they would let us make a game for Xbox or Gamecube?

Fender Bender
12-30-2002, 06:22 PM
I think you should make a riding area on the game with sand dunes, not like the sorona dunes, but some more realistic, with flat spots to sand-drag, and go further out, then get the big dunes and stuff.

Leo
12-30-2002, 06:32 PM
It really does not bother me that you do not belive that I work for Rainbow Studios. I know that right now I am sitting at work (Rainbow). I know that my company is owned by THQ. I also know that I can answer any questions that you might have to prove who I am :)

Don't bash him to hard fellow, according to his IP he was posting from one of Rainbow's computers....

Just give him good suggestions so 3 can be even better than 2..

:D

Leo

Wired
12-30-2002, 06:48 PM
trust me you guys, he's not bull$hitting anyone! i know for a fact who he is so just take in what he has to say and give him feedback he can use. this guy is like a god to us ps2 owners, show him some respect!!! lol :D

OG350
12-30-2002, 06:56 PM
Hmm wonder if thq will ever sign up to develop games for the x-box

*light bulb turns on :D

TheRedRebel17
12-30-2002, 06:58 PM
1 better music
2 XC tracks
3 clutch
4 Grand truimso style
5 4x4 quads
6 more computer players

Thats about all

GameProducer
12-30-2002, 06:58 PM
THQ already makes games for the Xbox and Gamecube as well as PS2. Our next game will come out on multiple systems.

TheRedRebel17
12-30-2002, 07:04 PM
7 maybe try a little eariler to get some of the manufactures to give the OK

GameProducer
12-30-2002, 07:06 PM
Guys,
I wish it was that easy to try sooner to get the real companies to give ok rights. When I was working on RC2002 it took close to 2 years to get Yamaha to give us the rights.

TheRedRebel17
12-30-2002, 07:09 PM
dang
mayube you could do more quad liek the trinity banshee and do something that that

sweet300ex
12-30-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by strokedandpoked
I think you should make a riding area on the game with sand dunes, not like the sorona dunes, but some more realistic, with flat spots to sand-drag, and go further out, then get the big dunes and stuff.

yeah make plats to drag and stuff. i would also like to see huge dunes that take some time to climb and are challanging to climb, have hillclimbing comps and drag comps where you can modify your on quad and on the hillclimbing events make it so you can modify your quad also, and make deep sand if possible so if you try to make a huge hillclimb you can like bog out and stuff

OG350
12-30-2002, 07:24 PM
THQ already makes games for the Xbox and Gamecube as well as PS2. Our next game will come out on multiple systems. What programing language do yall use on the ps2 is it close to c++ or visual basic or is tons better.

Atreyu
12-30-2002, 07:30 PM
I would guess they are using C++ Because im pretty sure Blizzard is running C++. Could be wrong though.

GameProducer
12-30-2002, 07:32 PM
C++ is correct...

Pappy
12-30-2002, 07:43 PM
abc 123 blah blah......i wanna see some track girls in the next one.......some fine trophy girls:devil

the goof off areas would be cool:p

12-30-2002, 07:59 PM
GameProducer-what do you do at work :confused: i mean which part of the game do you construct?

on mx2002 feat. RC, you guys made a wicked bike for a 'honda' ripoff :p it says "THQ" bike but you can tell its honda because its the only one with an aluminun frame, its red/black and the plastics look like a 99 cr80 :)

but how come honda and yamaha wouldnt give you rights :confused: wouldnt they want more public advertisment???

I mean comon, its a videogame :rolleyes:, it aint a duplicate of their real products :rolleyes:

ps-are theyre cheat codes for mx2002?

4punksdad
12-31-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
abc 123 blah blah......i wanna see some track girls in the next one.......some fine trophy girls:devil

the goof off areas would be cool:p

yeah............and a hot chick turning the 30second card at the gate. To heck with the drag strip lights. I want a hot chick holding a 30 second card.

Zingnut
12-31-2002, 08:35 AM
So before I throw my XBOX away and buy a PS2, You say that when and if the 3rd edition comes out that it will be a multiplatform game. (including the Xbox) I have been very upset with the purchase of the XBOX in the last few months since all the titles that are coming out for it are either not my style or just suck arse. I have been playing a buddies PS2 and a few of the games he has and find the PS2 to have games that are more on the line I find entertaining. Still may just go out a buy the PS2 and have both.

Thanks for visiting the site and inquiring about our opinions and what we feel would make the game better for the 3rd edition.

I feel that an XC option or sub game of the ATV offroad Fury series would be cool. Kinda like a first person shooter setup so the you only view the front of the quad. Then have the race setup and tracks as they are in real life few passing zones and lots of tight fast sections. Something like a mirror image or similar to the GNCC series this year with all the courses and bikes. Fun things to make the game realistic would be putting in flat tires from certian obsicles and pitting options.

I have played the second edition and thats what is tempting me to convert to the PS2. Very cool and find the racing to be very entertaining. Just keep working on making it better on the XC side of the sport and keep up the great work on the MX course's.

Pro400EXC
12-31-2002, 08:40 AM
I got MX2002 and MXSuperfly (the 4th RC game)

I think MX Superfly rips,but i hate how the bikes have a floating feel ontop of the dirt,and how you can back flip and 360 sooo easy (can you work on that next time Game Producer?)

Try to fix those things in the next Ricky C game..cause I love all his games..also I hate how there's reverse on the Dirtbikes,and its just not as real as ATV Fury is...maybe use the physic's and all in Motocross madness and do that for the next Ricky C game...thanks...

Bean
12-31-2002, 08:49 AM
someone mentioned dunes riding area, like the freestyle in ARF1, where you just ride around, this would be sweet, like regular dunes, make it like glamis sorta, where there is drag racing in the flats, against regular CPU controlled quads randomly popped up, and you just line up, and go, like real world style

Wired
12-31-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Zingnut
So before I throw my XBOX away and buy a PS2, You say that when and if the 3rd edition comes out that it will be a multiplatform game.

if another atv offroad fury game comes out it will be for ps2 or ps3. im pretty sure sony owns the rights for the game so it would take alot of convincing to let the game out on mulitple platforms. i think what gamedesigner is talking about is there new project game coming out to be on multiple platforms. this is how i understand all this, someone let me know if im wrong

ShiftFMX
01-01-2003, 01:27 PM
I just Got a PS2 for X-mas, and i got ATV 2 also. Its an awesome game! I like everthing bout it, but yeah, the music did kinda suck. But GOOD JOB anyways! I like the idea of Customizing your own quad. Clutch would be usefull too!

400exr
01-01-2003, 11:16 PM
I think it would be sweet to buy new and used bikes and then coustomize them. I think it would be more realistic if the bike started to wear out after more and more riding and you would have to rebuild the top end, or change the oil, chain, tires,etc and you could feel the difference after.

Striker49
01-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Since were on the subject of improvements..lol

I also recieved a PSII and picked up ORF 2 last week. The game is great but Im 93% done within a week. (Freestyle is the only thing stoppin me)

Anyways, the game is great. Cant beat it. There are tremendous areas in the graphics that could be improved (trees, the distant 2d backgrounds that have a funky lookin pattern on em, just little things here and there)

Things that could be added:
- Roost (when you go round a corner more roost should fly, especially in the sand tracks)
- Ruts and Groves (as you make laps around the track, ruts and grooves should develop along the most traveled lines)
- More quad selection (Include the Predator 500, KFX and Z400, maybe some older LT250rs or LT500rs)
- Race for money (That way you can earn money to buy parts for your quad)
- Parts for your quad (Frame, Shocks, Skids, Tires, etc etc)
- "Disasters" (Flat tires, frame damage)
- Hay Bales (Make em where they fluff and fly apart when you hit them instead of being concrete like blocks like in ORF 2)
- GNCC courses (Nice, smooth looking, long cross country courses with checkpoints, obstacles, tight turns, open striaghts, mud)
- Possiblity of getting stuck in mud (Or just slowing down alot and the use of alot of tire spin and roost to get yourself out)
- Season Mode (Maybe something where your in more of a season to earn money with a dozen or so tracks per event type)
- Trouphy Girls (Maybe a little somin for the racers to stand by on the podeum after the race?)
- Free Roam Courses (Places like Glamis where you have countless miles to jump dunes, throw roost, and cruise through the loads of people, atvs, bikes, and vehicles in the parking lots, with hill climb competitions and drags where computer quads are lined up ready to go so you can ride up and face someone and if you win you can earn money to purchase parts for your quad)
- Weather conditions (If its raining, the courses would be muddy...which would in turn hurt handeling and 2 stroke performance [more tire spin for 2 strokes])

Im sure those have all been suggested, but thats just some ideas I had.
BTW, some music improvement with a much larger selection too. The tracks arent great, and they get montinous.

Just some input.
-Striker49

sweet300ex
01-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
Since were on the subject of improvements..lol

I also recieved a PSII and picked up ORF 2 last week. The game is great but Im 93% done within a week. (Freestyle is the only thing stoppin me)

Anyways, the game is great. Cant beat it. There are tremendous areas in the graphics that could be improved (trees, the distant 2d backgrounds that have a funky lookin pattern on em, just little things here and there)

Things that could be added:
- Roost (when you go round a corner more roost should fly, especially in the sand tracks)
- Ruts and Groves (as you make laps around the track, ruts and grooves should develop along the most traveled lines)
- More quad selection (Include the Predator 500, KFX and Z400, maybe some older LT250rs or LT500rs)
- Race for money (That way you can earn money to buy parts for your quad)
- Parts for your quad (Frame, Shocks, Skids, Tires, etc etc)
- "Disasters" (Flat tires, frame damage)
- Hay Bales (Make em where they fluff and fly apart when you hit them instead of being concrete like blocks like in ORF 2)
- GNCC courses (Nice, smooth looking, long cross country courses with checkpoints, obstacles, tight turns, open striaghts, mud)
- Possiblity of getting stuck in mud (Or just slowing down alot and the use of alot of tire spin and roost to get yourself out)
- Season Mode (Maybe something where your in more of a season to earn money with a dozen or so tracks per event type)
- Trouphy Girls (Maybe a little somin for the racers to stand by on the podeum after the race?)
- Free Roam Courses (Places like Glamis where you have countless miles to jump dunes, throw roost, and cruise through the loads of people, atvs, bikes, and vehicles in the parking lots, with hill climb competitions and drags where computer quads are lined up ready to go so you can ride up and face someone and if you win you can earn money to purchase parts for your quad)
- Weather conditions (If its raining, the courses would be muddy...which would in turn hurt handeling and 2 stroke performance [more tire spin for 2 strokes])

Im sure those have all been suggested, but thats just some ideas I had.
BTW, some music improvement with a much larger selection too. The tracks arent great, and they get montinous.

Just some input.
-Striker49

you hit the nail on the head! i really like the idea for roost, flats in the dunes where you can just line up with ppl and race, and hillclimb compitiotion!

400exredrider
01-21-2003, 05:27 PM
hey game developer howcome on the atv select screen some of the aftermarket quads have black wheels but when you get into the game there normal silver/chrome......i think the blace wheels on the game look awesome but there only on the selection screen another thing i notice is on the 4 wheelers that have resivors on the suspension that there not on when playing either?? ah well its still a sweet game i own both 1 and 2 a working clutch would be great..........last ? what is the B6000 suppose to represent??? the new honda right??;)