PDA

View Full Version : maier plastic airbox? and some other ????'s

800screws
02-28-2009, 01:58 PM
i just picked up a blaster that has all new yellow maier plastic....the airbox is also yellow and has the airfilter screwed on like a dirtbike....

is this aftermarket? i searched maier's website, but didn't come up with anything.

the stock carb is on there also, but the oil injection is removed and it has a twist throttle which means i guess the torrs is removed...what's done to the carb then to block this stuff off and is there a cheap replacement carb i could swap with it?

i have a new mikuni tmx 38? it has a pro design intake, and duncan pipe and silencer, and a vitos performance airfilter. i think that's it.

mxblastermx
03-01-2009, 09:19 AM
All maiers new plastic comes with the removable airbox and can you get some pics of the filter,it could be a pod filter and you really shouldnt run a 38 on a blaster thats way to big,pics would really help

907Rider
03-01-2009, 12:27 PM
It sounds like you have a pod, get a pic of it.

If you plan on a big bore kit, aggressive porting, higher comp, and maybe a stroker crank than DEFINATLY keep the 38mm carb. If not the biggest you should run is 30mm or so.

800screws
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM
i've been reading about the oko 30mm's....
will it mount right up to the airboot? it has the pro design intake so i imagine it will fit on that side.
any jetting recommendations with that carb? and it uses what keihin carb jets? the pj or pwk?

mxblastermx
03-01-2009, 04:50 PM
even with a big bore and everything a 38 is still big the biggest id run on a blaster is 35,the oko should mount right up

800screws
03-01-2009, 05:14 PM
any one have jetting specs for the oko, i would like to order it with what i need....