PDA

View Full Version : Axle Bearings...?

Jasfarrar
02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
On a 08 YFZ450 SE....The axle on it is loose, and if you sit it on a jack stand you can wiggle it around. Does this sound like the bearings are going bad on the axle....Any ideas...? If so, is it hard to change them.....?

oemparts
02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
the carrier bearings are bad. they are not difficult to change at all

yfz4506
03-01-2009, 01:50 AM
If there is a sqeeking noise when you ride the bike. like there was with mine i had to buy a whole new carrier that came with new bearings.

ohsobad_chevy
03-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Most likely you will just have to change the bearings.......if the bearings have been bad for a long time, then you might need a whole new carrier/bearings.

GWTT
03-21-2009, 12:56 AM
mine went out a couple weeks ago. outer sprocket side exploded. just replaced them with a pivot works kit from rockymountain atv. came with 4 bearings outer axle seals and the o rings that go on the carrier (not on the axle) try not to break those two. I didnt get the axle nut tight enough and backed off. I hurd a squeegee sound (all of 20 minutes of riding. white out mark on the nut move about 1/2 inch) pulled it all apart and the bearings were good. Guess the squeegee noise was from lubing the seals i was not supposed to. torqued the axle nut with loctite and no more noises.