PDA

View Full Version : Low-end to mid-range mods? (torque)

MtnEX
02-28-2009, 12:26 AM
What mods affect the torque, roll-on, etc?

Also, how much change can the EFI compensate for before you have to fool with controllers, etc?

mod440ex
02-28-2009, 12:41 AM
get ya a pipe to start with, i would recommend either dasa or hmf. then go with an intake upgrade recommend fuel atv intakes. i didnt run anything with out at least a fuel optimizer,$180, but quickly switched once i got my intake.

MtnEX
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
OK... today I finally rode it hard...

And to tell you the truth, I had no idea this thing had that much balls.

:eek2:

It's got midrange, and strong topend horsepower. To me it feels like it really starts pouring on the horsepower right about the RPM range that would be abusive to my 400EX... but the KFX seems to LIKE IT and responds with attitude.

What it lacks is the bottom end brawn for technical work and maneuvering the tight stuff.

I think I am going to pick up a couple of front sprockets to play with. For the cost, what can it hurt?

As far as actual bolt-on mods, I am happy with the performance everywhere else. I only want to do things the off-idle torque and roll-on power.

masterp0606
03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Get you a dasa pipe,FCI intake with a box if you ride in rough stuff,and a PC3 . Those are the big 3 mods and will change your bike into a whole new beast.