PDA

View Full Version : DASA exhaust on 09 yfz450R

jersey devil
02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I just installed a complete DASA exhaust system on my new yfz450R and I'am really impressed.Nice power improvement thru out the power band.
The system is of top quality.Nice welds,perfect fit,awesome looking,sounds killer and definetly made a lot of difference from stock.Took my time choosing and glad I decided on the DASA.
I removed the air box lid.A foam filter was in it from the factory but I wasn't to happy with the quality.So I replaced it with a Twin Air foam filter which is of 100% better quality.Was going to go with a K&N as always but decided to try the foam.After hearing pros and cons now for quite a while I figured the foam would be better all around.Not saying that anythings wrong with a K&N but just wanted to make a change this time.
I also installed a Dynojet power commander 5 maped for the above mods and I'am real happy with the results so far.
Will know more after a day out of riding if we don't get rained out.

TWISTED DINLI
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
sounds awesome man. get some pics for us!

crixal
02-28-2009, 01:35 PM
yes, pics pleaseeee. i bet it looks amazing. the new yfz is the best looking 450.

Franklin999
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah those things are awesome did you have to buy the power commander to run the Dasa exhaust?

jersey devil
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I got the power commander 5 thru the same place I got the DASA system and they downloaded the map for the GYTR pipe,air box and filter mods because that is the only one available now until they have one for the DASA.
I