PDA

View Full Version : 300ex is smoking

Imbroke
02-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I have a 1997 300ex that i had the top end rebuit on about a year ago i havent been riding that often since i had it done but just the other day i went to fire it up and when i did it started smoking not clouds of smoke but a good bit and it looked like there was fuel misting out of the exhaust but the motor sounds fine and it hasnt done that ever before does anyone no whats wrong is it carboration or is it burning oil or what idk?

Scro
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM
What color was the smoke? Did it smoke after it was warmed up?

Imbroke
02-27-2009, 03:09 PM
white like exhaust steam and it started as soon as i started it bit it will smoke less as it warms up but its still smoking and when i started it today it was spitting alot more of that liquid out it looked like water and i checked the spark plug and it didnt look so hot so im going to change

Imbroke
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
i think that it is burning rich because the spark plug was black all the way around there was some liquid on it and now the smoke is like gray and black when i rev the motor up

Imbroke
03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
ok i think i have it solved i have a uni air filter without the air box lid so i figured that it needed rejeted so i did so and the spark plug looks good and now the gray and white smoke is gone but it is burning alittle oil cause there is way to much in it and i changed to a synthetic blend after all these years of running nothing but straight honda oil.

Beaudacious
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
how much have you had to drink today?

Imbroke
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
not enough