PDA

View Full Version : can a yfz take it

ridered92
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
can a yfz 450 take the abuse of mud and trails. i been looking at 450rs and 400exs i live in maine and i ride some rough trails and alot of mud so i know at some point it will get burryed can a yfz450 take that? are they alot of up keep?

STEELHQ
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I have a 08 yfz 450 and i ride in the woods powerlines and gravel pits full of mud. No problems here just take care of it wash it after every ride change the oil and clean the air filter every 2 rides or 10 hours.

oemparts
02-28-2009, 10:05 PM
i take my 04 yfz through the swamps of south florida. just take care of it and it will take care of you

csr250r
03-01-2009, 11:46 AM
YFZs are very reliable when maintained. Not quite where the hondas are for reliability, but then again no one is.

jersey devil
03-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by csr250r
YFZs are very reliable when maintained. Not quite where the hondas are for reliability, but then again no one is.

Where did you get that info about yfz's not quite as reliable as honda's??????????

csr250r
03-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by jersey devil
Where did you get that info about yfz's not quite as reliable as honda's??????????

Personal expirience.

jersey devil
03-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Well you know what they say about opinions?We all have one!

WesDS450X
03-01-2009, 10:32 PM
All 450's can handle mud, Its all about rider skill

jersey devil
03-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Right on about that!

smperformance
03-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ridered92
can a yfz 450 take the abuse of mud and trails. i been looking at 450rs and 400exs i live in maine and i ride some rough trails and alot of mud so i know at some point it will get burryed can a yfz450 take that? are they alot of up keep?

well look at the success that ballance has had pat brown an crecco all on yfz 450s that should answer your question.

an all very good riders

03-02-2009, 08:22 AM
they can take the abuse, if well maintained...the question is is tit the right bike for the kind fo riding you will be doing? will you be running at upper throttle more often than not? will you need to have the bike lug around over the rough trails or will you be able to get some over them...

if you can run it wide open most of the time...then any 450...but if you need to slow the pace down more often than running full bore, then the 400ex is your bike....

that is reason number one for my sig...

csr250r
03-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Well you know what they say about opinions?We all have one!

Well then let me be intitled to mine!

Plus look at all the hondas from the 80s still running around, maybe if you had more expirience you could see that.

I wouldnt trade my yfz for a honda 450r with similar mods, but hondas are generally more reliable.

jersey devil
03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Every quad has there purpose but to say the honda is better then the yamaha for realiability is just opinion and as I said we all have one.So you know how that goes.

csr250r
03-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Every quad has there purpose but to say the honda is better then the yamaha for realiability is just opinion and as I said we all have one.So you know how that goes.

Yes, you are right, everyone does have an opinion, now that that is settled we will move on.

Now that people have opinions and we established that, some people base their opinions off different things, I base mine off expirience.

Some people are brand bias and base their opinions off that, I dont know if you can't accept my opinion that I share with a mass quantity of members on this site that actually have enough expirience to make a good opinion, rather than simply defending what they (or their dad) has.

jersey devil
03-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Yes, you are right, everyone does have an opinion, now that that is settled we will move on.

Now that people have opinions and we established that, some people base their opinions off different things, I base mine off expirience.

Some people are brand bias and base their opinions off that, I dont know if you can't accept my opinion that I share with a mass quantity of members on this site that actually have enough expirience to make a good opinion, rather than simply defending what they (or their dad) has.

WOW! I can't believe it....You just go on and on?Damn dude have you been couped up for the winter and frantic or what?
I'am all for opinions and you have one and I have one.So chill out!
As for you and the mass people on here that "you say share your opinion" thats cool.Even though I don't see where the MASS is you are talking about it okay dude.Calm down and chill.nobody is trying to take your smoke away here.Just trying to enjoy the winter and sharing our opinions as you!
Are you calm yet?

csr250r
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Maybe you should "get your smoke on" less.

It would probably be a good idea for you to read more threads and post less.

jersey devil
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe you should "get your smoke on" less.

It would probably be a good idea for you to read more threads and post less.

Thanks there sonny for the advice.
As we grow up we learn from our experience that everyone has an opinion.The learning process comes with time and patients comes as we learn.In the process we become older and wiser.
Also everyday we learn something and today I learned that some are born just knowing everything contrary to what the world around them thinks and to try and reason with a blind man is a useless struggle.
So in that lesson of today I realize that some people you just ignore in hopes that they just go away!