PDA

View Full Version : Fox Shox Help!!!!

HoleshotR15
02-27-2009, 06:55 AM
I was just checking the pressures in my shocks this morning, I adjusted the EVOL chambers to 100PSI and adjusted the Mains to 60PSI, After I completed adjusting I check them again, My left shock's EVOL Read like 55psi and then checked the MAIN read 70psi? Also when i adjusted both EVOL chambers, there was a little oil that came out after I took the pump off. Is this normal? The shocks dont even have a half a season on them, 2 op's and a few short rides, maybe 8 hrs on them total. Do they have to be rebuilt??? Racing season starts in like 2 1/2 weeks and im a little nervious. Im new to the Air shox thing any guru's out there?

stoopidbot
02-27-2009, 07:08 AM
I don't know if it would make a huge difference but did you have the front wheels off of the ground? I have just the basic Floats and they say to put the quad frame on a block so the wheels are hanging freely before you put any air in them.

HoleshotR15
02-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Yes tires are off the ground, Shocks fully extended, just like the book says.

stoopidbot
02-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Sorry, that was my only guess.

HoleshotR15
02-27-2009, 08:02 AM
I bought the quad used from my buddy, and i have no clue what he has the compression and rebound set at, I basically going by feel. I will go try that now. Im about 200 lbs,How much do you weigh?