PDA

View Full Version : lighting problem

sladeedge
02-26-2009, 06:44 PM
99 300ex i have no power to my head light or tail light when i got quad all lights were removed but wires still there,put aftermarket dual head lites but haven to run sraight to battery with toggel switch, i want to use switch on handle bars,(low beam one lite, high beam 2 lites) and led tail lites,
thanks for any info

dirtdawg
02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
it only puts out 45-50 watts in that area. it may mess with the battery because you put too much on that area. you might have to get smaller bulbs. just find the weird switch that has three slots for prongs. thet are blue, white and green wires (they were on mine anyway). a good way to check is if you have a multimeter or digital volt ohm meter. put the ground probe to the ground and the hot end to the wires when the switch and key is on. you should get a reading of some sort. do it with the switch on low and high beams and you will find what wire controls what by process of elimination. if you never get any reading, you have a short somewhere. you could also have a bad ground wire. good luck.