PDA

View Full Version : P.T. High-Rev Questions

IcutMetl
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
My 250r came with a chrome Paul Turner high-rev pipe & fat boy silencer. I'm going to repack it- it's a little on the loud side, and from what I've noticed so far, is pretty damn high-strung for my type of riding. Gonna keep it for now, but would like to replace it in the future.

I think I'll want more of an all-around / mid range pipe combo, with a spark arrestor/silencer built in. How does the FMF sst and turbine core Q silencers stack up? I know it's not an engine builder's pipe; I just want something that's not rediculously loud & can go right into Wayne National, Silver Lake, etc w/o putting on a sparky.

Honda 250r 001
02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
the fmf pipe is not very good. and if you have your cylinder ported fmf is a joke. you want a good over all powerband get the esr trx 5 pipe and silencer.

bushwesl
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Just so you know you can utilize the FMF Turbine Core II or Q silencers with other standard mount/bore pipes. I run an ESR TRX5 and a FMF Turbine Core II for Silver Lake.

deathman53
02-26-2009, 08:10 PM
the ultimate pipe would be a curtis sparks mx, many of the mx riders liked the tt pipe also. My friend had the mx and tt pipe, the mx pipe, you had to hold on and it would rip your arms off(like a 4 stroke). The tt pipe still would rip your arms off, but it had more of a top end hit and wasn't so gnarly down low. I use a lrd on my trx, it has a noticable hit, but pretty good low end hit. My atc250r, I use a hi-rev and Esr atc5, open riding, gets the hi-rev and tighter riding gets the esr. I had a fmf atc pipe and it wasn't good, I got a ported cylinder, ran it. Later on changed to the esr pipe and it was like I got newly found power. I had a P.T type 6 on my old trx, it was awesome down low and mid, but signed off on top.

sictrxr
02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
i had a hi rev, and it screamed on top but had nothin on the bottom, i then put on a full lrd system and loved it great all around power.