PDA

View Full Version : Braided Brake Lines

IcutMetl
02-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I have to replace the front brake system on my 250r; the guy before me ripped everything off to run the dunes. I have the calipers & discs, but will need to order bolts, pads, & banjo fittings. Watching a couple ebay auctions right now for complete used front systems including master cylinder.

Question is, if I were to do a braided front line set; does it really matter weather I do the style with the splitter block & single line off master cyl., or the double banjo fitting & 2 lines off the master cyl. straight to the calipers. Is either better than the other??

Thanks,

Justin

Scro
02-27-2009, 06:59 AM
I've ran both and can't tell a difference in feel of the brakes. The single line looks better in my opinion. Also, you will notice on the master cylinder there are two prongs that stick out to keep the end of the brake line and the banjo bolt from rotating. With the dual setup, the second brakeline sticks out beyond these prongs. If you wreck you take the chance of spinning the brakeline, which could loosen the bolt, causing you to loose brake fluid.

It probably wouldn't happen unless you wrecked, but I think it's safer to go with single line.