PDA

View Full Version : Honda bearings

HondaDude93
02-26-2009, 04:46 PM
i have a 2002 honda recon and its time to change my bearings. Ive never done this before and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

matt14c
02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Depending on the condition of your bearings and how you get them out I would suggest finding a bearing company or retailer in your area rather than going through your honda dealer. It saved me alot of money. I replaced every bearing on a Fourtrax 300 4x4 for less than $60. They need the bearing numbers though not necessarily the honda part numbers so you have to keep them primarily intact when taking them in to get new.

HondaDude93
02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
i already have the bearings i was thinkin i could just do it myself but i just dont know exactly how to do it so any help would be great.:)

honda400ex2003
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I will be doing some on my buddies foreman 450 and would like to get as much info as I can also. not to hyjack but how many bearings are in there and if they all come in the kit from like all balls or other kits and what all has to come off to get to the bearings. Are they in the middle and at the ends or just the ends, or just in the middle with dust caps on the ends? Any help would be great. sorry again for asking these in this post, i just did not want to start a new one for the dame topic. steve

HondaDude93
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
i just bought a rear axle bearing kit for my recon and it was made by all balls it came with 3 bearings and 2 seals i just need to know how to change them out. i know thet have dust caps becaude 1 of mine slipped out

TRXRacer1
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
A little FYI, I've never had an All Balls kit last too long. They're a little on the cheap side.

honda400ex2003
03-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I am doing my buddies foreman and we had to change the differential ones and the ones inside the ends of the axle too. They are in the black tubes. You just pound them out with a socket or something and put the new ones in. There are two kits. the outer bearings that is the rear wheel bearing kit that has one for the black side case and the 2 that are the same go inside the brake main hub. you take the drum off and they are inside there and the differential kit too. I am not sure if it is the same as a foreman but it should be close. If you want to see diagrams of the bearings and stuff go to the powertrain and look for the bearings one there. the schematics are for a 2000 foreman es but it will get you in the right place to look anyway. Good luck take your time and it will not be bad. steve