PDA

View Full Version : Ordered new tires/rims...and other goodies

IcutMetl
02-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Got a wild hair up my *** and ordered a bunch of stuff from Rocky Mountain today. Ordered new grips, twist throttle kit, Acerbis handguards, Renthal bars, 20x11x10 Razr2's & 21" Razr2's on .190 rims, new brake pads, new x-ring chain & sprocket set, new rear rotor, plugs, golden spectro oil, honda tranny oil, silencer packing, and a few other doo-dads.

I'm excited to tear it up with those Razr's. The factory 400ex tires I have now are worn down to about half and positively will not hook up. Good enough for spares. I had holeshot XCR's on my 400ex...trying something different. I'll let you know what my impression is.

Like a kid before Christmas, waiting for a new toy...

BERT306
02-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Did u get the feb discount ????

danhung11
02-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by BERT306
Did u get the feb discount ????

Hope so cause that would have saved $100.

Aceman
02-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by IcutMetl
on .190 rims

Hmmm....

Isn't the forum consensus that these are actually weaker than the stock Honda rolled lip wheels?

IcutMetl
02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Yea, I know they aren't perfect, but I had the same exact rims on my 400ex, which I put thru the paces pretty good, and never had a real issue. I wanted the "baja" rims with the reinforcing ring, but didn't feel like spending an extra $100 for each set of tire/rim combo.

I've got a couple millilng machines of my own, including a cnc, so I've thought about experimenting with making reinforcing rings of my own and tig welding them in on a scrap rim first.

IcutMetl
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh, and at first...I didn't notice the $100 discount on orders over $500. I emailed Rocky Mountain earlier today and explained the situation- they emailed me a $100 gift certificate. Score! Now if I would've been thinking, instead of making one order totaling $968, I should have bought a couple more items, and placed 2 seperate orders for a little over $500 each, to double the discount- even if I had to have my buddy do it for me. Oh well...