PDA

View Full Version : wiring question

rodeo#11
02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
so i got a quick question, there is a wire coming outta the lift crankcase cover it plugs in at the bottom, i think its called a sub-wire or something like that.. just wondering what the purpose of this was, because mine got ripped out the other day and mangled. is it important????

BlasterEaten250
02-26-2009, 03:20 PM
If I remember right it has something to do with starting in gear with the clutch pulled in or something but I could be wrong.

02-26-2009, 03:42 PM
if it goes in down behind the shift lever, it is the lead for the neutral indicator as well as letting all systems know that the bike is in neutral

i got my current 400ex with it ripped out too...about an 8 dollar fix and maybe 15 minutes of time allowing for a 10 minute beer break half way through

rodeo#11
02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
lol thats what i thought it was guess just another part to order here soon.

rob_990
02-26-2009, 03:50 PM
are talking about the wires wrapped up the go through the top off your left crank case of the nuetral light?

rodeo#11
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM
no its a single wire that plugs in around the shift lever... green wire, plugs in the left crank case cover.

Rscarpantonio
01-13-2010, 05:57 PM
does anybody know how this wire comes undone? is it just a plug and what if thats tight and my neutral light still wonlt work

Rscarpantonio
01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
bump

bigbad400
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
you could have burned the bulb too, or stretched a wire somewhere else if it got ripped up that bad. put dielectric grease in the plug too it helps it connect and stay clean. can you start it? can you start it in gear? just the lights N lights not working or anything else not working too?

bigbad400
01-14-2010, 12:48 PM
i noticed your looking for a rev box, i have a AMR stg 2 to sell, PM me an offer if your interested.

Rscarpantonio
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
well i have the top end of the motor apart and am waiting to get it back (its being bored to a 416) and i have the bike in neutral and all my grounds are good put a new bulb in it and my fuse is good becasue brake lights work i was testing some of the wiring today and for some reason when i take the bulb out i only have power from one wire that goes to the bulb, then when i put it in i have power to both but no light but somehow the power is gonig through. i checked the power at the wire going to the case and i have postive power there . is there something else i need to check or a sure way of determining what is actually bad.

i know to most of you this might not be that big of a deal but i would like to know when my bike is in neutral and when it isint, any help would greatly be appreciated