PDA

View Full Version : foam neck brace?

leadsled01
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
The wife wants Andrew to wear some sort of neck brace. The plastic ones are quite expensive but work well. Are the foam braces any good at all? How much and where can I get one?

snowfighter
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
i would strongly recommend some kind of neck protection they are used to keep the neck from hyper extending and compressing in the event of a crash

the foam neck braces are also referred to as neck rolls evs and many other companies have them for around 30 bucks but I'm sure someone who has upgraded to a leat or an evs collar may have one used but any online retailer should have them

XXX -rider
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
the wife is smart ! ..
but tell her they are about 400 bucks ! ...= Leatt ;)

02-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I bought a brand new A.R.C. from Tucker Rocky for 4.99 plus 7.00 shipping very nice. you might try this. Close out prices. Just thought I would let you know.

Blazer25
02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I have 2 kids that ride. We bought one the leatt brace and the other the evs (the one that looks like the leatt.) Honestly, I think one works just as well as the other. The benefits of the evs over the leatt is that #1 its cheaper...I got mine brand new off ebay for $150. and #2 it distributes the weight of the brace over the entire shoulder instead of sitting right on the collar bone. The leatt's are great for preventing severe neck injury but they are also known to break collar bones because of the way they sit.

We compared both of them side by side and the evs has the same limited movement as the leatt. I truly don't think the leatt is any better. I'm not knocking the leatt, I'm just saying that the evs...for the money...does the exact same job. The only disadvantage of the evs is that it is not adjustable like the leatt. It just comes in adult and child sizes.

I know they are expensive, but think about this...if something goes wrong with your child's quad...you automatically just fix it no matter what it costs. Why are we so eager to put money out to fix a quad, but not to purchase an expensive neck brace? Our children are way more valuable than any quad. It's not as easy to fix them then it is to fix their quad. Buy them a great neckbrace...it's so worth it.

My godchild wrecked on his dirtbike last summer. He landed on his head. He was knocked unconscience for a few minutes. The leatt saved him from a very severe neck injury. His parents went right out and bought him another one (because the leatt broke in the fall. ) Unfortunately, the leatt did break his collar bone, but they didn't care because it did its job...it saved his neck and possibly his life.

leadsled01
02-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Excellent info here.. Thanks, to all of you.