PDA

View Full Version : The 525 exhaust chirp (noise) and chain clack

MtnEX
02-26-2009, 05:35 AM
WTF???

These things chirp like a bird on steroids out the exhaust!!! What causes that?

The drive chain also made a lot of noise. Annoying!!!
Normal or loose?

The 450 had the chain noise too... but not the exhaust chirp.

eerhard09
02-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Its not the exhaust that you hear chirping when you get on the throttle, I believe it is the FCR carb that makes that noise.....

MtnEX
02-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Never heard anything do like that.

But it does seem like I read something where someone mentioned it.... I did a lot of reading...

U1arunit
02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
It's the spark arrestor in the stock muffler making that noise. Remove the bolt and take it out, the noise will go away totally.

My chain is dead quiet. I keep it clean and well lubed with Maxima chain lube. Make sure it's not too loose either.

eerhard09
02-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by U1arunit
It's the spark arrestor in the stock muffler making that noise. Remove the bolt and take it out, the noise will go away totally.

That makes sense too. I don't think I ever rode mine with the SA in it (07 model was removable) but I think I still heard it.... Who knows, put an aftermarket exhaust on it and you will not have to worry about hearing that tweet sound again!:D

U1arunit
02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by eerhard09
That makes sense too. I don't think I ever rode mine with the SA in it (07 model was removable) but I think I still heard it.... Who knows, put an aftermarket exhaust on it and you will not have to worry about hearing that tweet sound again!:D

'08 Models are removable as well. My friend took his out and that is how we figured it out. We both have aftermarket exhaust now anyways. LOL

bpjr07
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
yeha i also started hearing it wen i let go of the trottle but it quiets down once hot.

MtnEX
02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
WEIRD.
A new experience for sure.

And the chain?
It was probably just loose?