PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 530 Sprocket for my 900ex

rickymartinz28
02-25-2009, 05:30 PM
First of all, I'm new here. I've ridden utility quads for years, and now I'm in the process of building a sport quad...

Its a 2005 Honda 400ex, with a Kawasaki ZX9R Engine, and I'm having a hard time locating a rear sprocket that will work with the 530 chain that the kawi uses, atleast I'm pretty sure its a 530...

Anyways, what are you guys using when you do a streetbike motor swap in these as a rear sprocket? What sprocket should I search for or what is the solution?

Thanks

-Rick

BlaineKaiser450
02-25-2009, 06:13 PM
got any pics of that beast? it sounds sick!

rickymartinz28
02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Here is a link to the build thread...

rickymartinz28
02-25-2009, 09:52 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lounge/1070565-my-900ex-build-thread-56k-beware.html

:D

907Rider
02-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Thats a beast:devil: are you building your own gas tank and seat?

maddmatt02
02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
just went through the other threas, and unless you have a nice long swinger, youre definately going over backwards. I raced a guy on a banshee with just a cbr600 F3 engine and a swingarm that if I remember right said it was 14 over, and I beleived it, it was way back there. and hed still stand it straight up if he wasnt careful. this was in sand with paddles though, on asphalt it probably would spin with that long of a swinger.

and I asked about hes rear sprocket and he said it was meant for industrial machinery...

I have a bike engine I wanted to do this with, and while I dont know about putting so much power to a 520 chain, there is a kit for my bike motor that is a sprocket to let you run a 520. but the guy i raced said because of how much traction he had and how much power, he didnt get much life out of a 530 before hed stretch it.

i watched that video, but check this one out. not as much of a daily rider as that one. but still....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da8GP73JEn8

rickymartinz28
02-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Answering the seat question: Yes, I do upholstery work pretty often, its more of a hobby than a job. I plan on building one with support while lowering the overall seat height. Also, I'll be recessing a spot for my massive testicles.

I'll also be forming a few custom plastic pieces.

The gas tank will remain stock, and will be relocated to under the seat.... it'll remain upright.

I've seen a few sprockets that will work, but they need to be drilled to fit my bolt pattern, they are solid design 530.

My camera decided to take a crap about as soon as I started this project, so I've gotta come up with a new camera pretty quick...

rickymartinz28
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qWw6FK--Ag

thats real similar to what I'm trying to do...

I was trying to secure an old honda odyssey a buddy of mine has for this build, but he wouldnt give it up....

I'll be doing some work on the quad this weekend, but I've gotta put white leather and houndstooth interior into a buddies 97' White and Orange 30th Camaro SS this weekend, along with dynamat extreme the entire car... and try to knock out the new interior in the old bmw 540 I snatched...

I'll keep it updated...

-Rick