PDA

View Full Version : 50 stock class. Need some help please!

Team-Ty
02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok I need some help on understanding some rules for the 50cc stock class. My son is 4 years old and rides a 2008 DRX L/C. Is he allowed to run in the stock 50 class? I see on AMA rules that the class for him is 4-8 years old and max of 41" width and 41" wheelbase with 4 inches of travel. Is this bike legal to run in this class? Is ther any other class for him to run?

Thanks
Shawn

jerkyboy
02-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes he can run the stock limited class. Because hes only
4 thats the only class he can run.

Team-Ty
02-25-2009, 06:55 PM
I thought so. I have been having a disagreement with the track director about this. Last year they made him run in hte production class because he was riding the drx compared to other quads like polaris and dinli etc.. Now this year they are getting more strict on the age thing so he won't be bale to run production and they don't want my sons quad in the stock class either. Its a freakin nightmare with this thing.

Andyman17dad
02-25-2009, 08:26 PM
EVERY series has different "interruptation" of their own classes and rules!

quadscrib
02-26-2009, 06:15 AM
From my understanding the drx50 is built completely to the rules of the limited 50 class. I really cant imagine how you can axe out that quad unless the one who is making that decision has a kid on a lesser quad..lol. The drx 50 is a limited 50 class unit... cant see how it can be argued. Good Luck!

coffing918
02-26-2009, 07:41 AM
my son was 5 last season and rode his drx l/c in the 50 limited class in NJ, PA,DE, i dont get why they wont let ur son run his. good luck let us know what happens. what track is this do you have a website for it.

rmuscle
02-26-2009, 03:51 PM
thye only thing u need to make sure of is that it has 41 arms not 44. my 08 came with 44 and gary had to send me the 41 to swap out. other than that there should be no prob if every thing else is stock.

xcracer01
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Iowa has the same kind of rule they make the DRR's even if they are bone stock run the prodution class . They only let kymco's and the suzuki's and kawi 's run in stock class.

Team-Ty
02-27-2009, 02:04 PM
xcracer01 thats my problem. Now what if the rider is noly 4. They are not old enough to ride in the production class. What does the track do?

redonkulousruntsracing
02-28-2009, 07:06 AM
As I understand AMA's rules, (4-6) 50 stock limited is your class. Yea some local tracks that aren't up on the rules or have their own might be different, if your track is trying to make you run production class, ask them what rules they are using. If they are using AMA's rules to break down classes, your all set. If they want to argue, print off a copy from ATV MX or AMA's website.

Last season my son was 4 and he ran his Bomber, and I modified it some, all we ran with was modified 50's. Which most tracks were letting anything 50cc go and broke them up by age. (4-6) and (6-8) on 50's. We ran both classes. Our take is that it's all about our kids getting experience and getting out there and racing. Unless your running the national circuit, I wouln't worry what class you run, just as long as you kid gets some seat time. Some races there was only 1 or 2 50's there so they delay gated them with the 90's. Watching your kid cross the finish line with a smile that would pop his helmet off and getting the checkers is what it is all about.

There were kids my son ran with that had over $6000 in there machines, that ran away from the pack. Who do you think was learning more, the 7 year olds on the top dollar quads, or the 4-5 year olds chasing them?? In my book, a challange is always welcome, makes your little guy want it more!!:D

Team-Ty
02-28-2009, 07:51 AM
sickairseth I agree with you 100%. I would put my son in a higher class so he has to fight his way to the top if he could. Watching him pass someone is better then him running 1st the entire race. I have pulled my son off the line a couple of times at the start so he couldn't just get right out front. I like to see him actually try and win it rather than just taking it becuase the quad is faster then the rest.

The other funny thing is there was a couple of times where he just didn't want to race. He was just out there playing in the mud puddles or doing donuts which I had to correct him on that becuase someone could have gotten hurt. I think the main reason for that is he was just board out there.

I would like to try to go to some other races this year within a couple of hours drive time just to let him see other racers, hopefuly better then him so he really has to go for it!

I live in Rochester NY so if anyone knows of some other tracks please let me know

Thanks
Shawn

Nichols Atvs
02-28-2009, 08:29 AM
goto the neatv web site there are alot with in a few hours of you

rmuscle
02-28-2009, 08:38 AM
We run d34 that's near u. We have 4 to 8 class 50 limited. My son is 5. Pm me if u want more info and ill give u my #

redonkulousruntsracing
02-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Team-Ty, I live near Utica and my sister lives near Batavia. There are about 6 tracks within an hour to an hour and a half from me. The only track near my sister that I know of, is Area 51. The big problem for us is that most of the tracks we run treat us quad racers as second class citizens. There isnt really a series for us to run any more. Kind of a bummer, but what the hell, if the kid can bring home a trophy taller than him I guess in his eyes its worth it. I just hate the stigma the quads have in our area.

rmuscle
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Sent u pm