PDA

View Full Version : ASV Clutch & Brake Levers / Handlebars

LuckyLJW
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know about ASV levers? I am getting ready to order both the clutch & brake levers for an 08 Raptor 250. I am planning on going with the plan ASV F3 modle wich does not include a new perch. Does anyone know if these will work with the stock perch? If I have to go with the option that includes the perch thats another $50 a throw. The main reason I am buying these are because this quad is for my son and the stock clutch & brake levers are to big and these are adjustable. This leads me to my second question of any reccomendations on aftermarket bars that will be closer to the rider? I did some digging and the Renthal Raptor 660 bend seems to have a lot of "sweep" and should bring the controls closer to the rider. Any help would be appreciated......

wvspeedfreak
02-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I just installed the F3 ASV levers on my sons quad but ours came with the clutch perch.Everything went on without a hitch.The adjustable reach feature is why we bought them.
As far as bars,we are running a set of Moose mini atv bars and they seem to be a good fit for smaller riders.
Here is an older pic before we had the asv's installed but it will give you an idea of the handle bar bend.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/IMG_2591.jpg

LuckyLJW
02-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the picture and nice quad. Is that the stock sterring stem? Just wondering because my son bent the stock one on his first wreck.

wvspeedfreak
02-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks,that is a Lonestar stem.