PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer!

JRP
02-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Well about 2 or so months ago my girlfriends mom just started feeling weird. She went to the doctor, they wanted her to get an MRI. She got one done and they found a mass in her head. Well they thought it was just an enlarged putuitary gland. After further evaluation they found it was a tumor, and it is literally in the middle of her brain. They dont know if it is cancerous or not, but they will have to do surgery soon. Her putuitary glad has almost no function now, so they NEED to do surgery. Its just this is an extremely risky surgery, and we are trying to find the best surgeon in the country. I have a feeling they might be getting it done at John Hopkins, their neuro surgeon is one of the best in the world. Shes like a mom to me, and I would absolutely hate to have somethng bad happen to her =/ So can everyone please take a second to say a prayer that everything will be okay! Thank you all so much!

extremeblastr
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
in my prayers for sure man, my g/f's sister is going through the same thing:ermm:

JRP
02-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you man, and I will keep her in my prayers also. Its so ****ty, like shes only 36, its just sad. I really hope the doctors can pull through, along with her and everything will be fine. IDK what my gf and her sister will do if something would happen.... They are bestfriends with her, and not close to their dad at all.....

extremeblastr
02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
yeah i hear ya this is a tough one, she goes in for her surgery next week some time and shes only 24.... just do yourself a favor and make sure your there for your girl whether she acts like she needs it or not.

JRP
02-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
yeah i hear ya this is a tough one, she goes in for her surgery next week some time and shes only 24.... just do yourself a favor and make sure your there for your girl whether she acts like she needs it or not.

damn man, i already said a prayer for her but will deff say another one. How confident are the surgeons? And is it like in the middle of her brain? But yeah i am man, deffinitely. Shes my bestfriend, im doing everything possible to help them out

S.A.J
02-25-2009, 02:05 PM
my prayers are with yall...really sorry to hear that...have you checked into Dr. Nasr he's from milwaukee Illinois?he got the award for being doctor of the year more than once i believe not to long ago and he comes from oversee's,when the mayo clinic gives up on people they go to him and i think hes lost 2 outa 25,000 and 4 outa them had surgery and two didnt make it,he does alot with natural stuff.just thought id share if you want more info my moms got his address phone number and everythng

ridered11
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Ben Carson from Hopkins is definitely your best bet. Being from Baltimore I hear of his surgeries in the news all the time, he is known throughout the world as the best in his game.

Hope it all goes fine.

dehner47
02-25-2009, 02:19 PM
both your families will be in my prayers. hope everything goes good for the both of you and your families. and extremeblastr said it best. be there for the both of them. even if they act like there strong and dont need it. sometimes the toughest people are the one's who need the most support. good luck to the both of you and your family and friends.

quad2xtreme
02-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Jordan,

I always thought Duke was recognized as having the top neurosurgeon in the world...which is why Kennedy went there.

Honestly, I am not sure how they rate them anyhow...maybe the guy in Baltimore is the best pound for pound. ;)

Prayers go out to the mom and her daughter. Sorry to hear about this.

extremeblastr
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by JRP
damn man, i already said a prayer for her but will deff say another one. How confident are the surgeons? And is it like in the middle of her brain? But yeah i am man, deffinitely. Shes my bestfriend, im doing everything possible to help them out

i'm not sure about the surgeons or much other than that it is pretty much in the middle, i only know what i've picked up because stacie always wants to leave when they start talking about it...

suzukiracer3
03-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey man. I am very sorrry to hear that. Listen keep your head up, and your girlfriend as well, and both families. One of my two family members recently had cancer, and we got sent to the finest hospital in NYC. I live here in NY, and both of their lives got saved by two the surgeons there. I always send people there if I hear stories like this. They seriously make miracles happen, and both of my family members were told that were not going to make it, and they went to Sloan Kettering and they are perfect now. So keep positive all the way through. Sloan Kettering, new york NY. Keep us posted please.
My prayers go out....

400EXtreme
03-08-2009, 10:47 PM
you got my prayers

05Z400rdr
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Jordan, my prayers are with her and her family and friends. The best of luck to you's. Stay strong!

Landon

extremeblastr
03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
just thought you might like to know she pulled through the surgery and things are looking good so far. things are a little rough between my girl and her mom at the moment so we haven't been to visit yet (the older sister and her husband live with the mom)

05LSR250R
03-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Great news! Glad to hear things are looking a little better!

JRP
03-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
just thought you might like to know she pulled through the surgery and things are looking good so far. things are a little rough between my girl and her mom at the moment so we haven't been to visit yet (the older sister and her husband live with the mom)

thats awsome man! im really happy to hear that! My gf's mom was actually in the hospital all last week due to a doctors percription of to strong of a medicine for her body...:o But shes out and doing okay now! Shes got a referral to john hopkins so she should be going for a consultation here shortly hopefully!

Warnerade
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
hopkins is a VERY good choice....hope everyone pulls through this buddy, you know the number if ya need it little buddy

JRP
08-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Well today is the day... They are at John Hopkins. They got there at 5:30am and the surgery is atleast 8hrs. Its a non invasive procedure, they are going through her eye lids =/ They are trying to remove as much as possible and find out if its cancerous or not. Please everyone say a prayer for their entire family! I have been praying for the last 8 months that everything is going to be okay! Thank You all so much!

bigd's ex
08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Prayers sent. Hang in there & "Good Luck".

extremeblastr
08-03-2009, 10:01 AM
let us know how its goes jordan, things have been good on this end no issues since the surgery. she'll pull through ;)

JRP
08-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys! going on 6hrs so far, everything is going as planned and they just sent a piece of the tumor out to get checked. Seeing if radiation or kemo will respond! Pray that it does and they get most of it out! Thank you so much!

08-03-2009, 03:01 PM
prayers sent bro,and i theres a doctor hopkins in meadville,we know him we call him "doc hop",to bad he's a vetinarian

Pappy
08-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Our prayers are with you JRP

quad2xtreme
08-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Prayers sent Jordan. Keep us updated.

JRP
08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Thank you everyone! I wish i had better news.... =/ After 8.5hrs of surgery, all they could get out was a finger nail size of it. The doctor said she had excessive bleeding and they had to use alot of cotton to get it to stop. They are no concentrating on not letting her brain get an infection and then they will have to wait and see wether or not the piece they got responds to kemo or radiation... That will take 7-14 days. Then they are more than likely going to have to do a major invasive surgery that will be more dangerous but they r hoping that it will let them get more out... This tumor has completely taken up her entire brain to say the least, its a very bad situation. Please keep praying and i will keep the updates going! Thank You!

extremeblastr
08-03-2009, 08:37 PM
awww man, i'm sorry to hear that. i hope you see results with the treatments and that everything starts going in a postive direction soon.

powermadd400ex
08-03-2009, 08:52 PM
my prayers are with y'all.