PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

MAD450r
02-25-2009, 11:48 AM
I dont race, I've had my 450 since march of 04 and I notice my frame is cracked. I haven't taken it apart yet. I do love jumping. I rice at my freinds farm and spend most of my time in the air.

I am a small guy only weigh 130 soaking wet, 135+ in full gear.

My question is. Is it worth going aftermarket at 2300$ or so for say a lone star frame. Or should I just get another stock frame and have it coated and gussetted this time around?

Those that have lone star's frame how has it held up. Was it worth the extra cash over OEM and gussetting ?

Pappy
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
If you have the extra cash...go for it:p

LSR kit, $135, have it installed $125, pc the frame $175, that brings you to $425 plus shipping if you have to send it out. You will be fine if you repair the frame depending on how bad its broken (you didnt describe the break or where its at)

Weigh the options against your budget. You could always have it welded locally and touch it up and ride on till the next time:p

fastredrider44
02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
I've broke mine pretty good one time and cracked it a couple of others. I've also seen other frames. My advice is keep your frame, weld it up, weld up the gussets and have it powdercoated. Aftermarket frames are sweet, but that's a lot of money to dump into a fourwheeler that you don't race, and that you would never be able to get that back out of it.

Scro
02-25-2009, 12:45 PM
There's no way I would spend $2300 on a frame that I don't race. But then again, I'm poor:p Weld it up, gusset it, and you will have a frame that probably just as strong as the LSR.

WilRideAnything
02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
If you have $2300, get your frame fixed and spend the rest on suspension.

MAD450r
02-25-2009, 01:00 PM
I have suspension already :)

Love my lonestar arms on my 416ex and my 450r.

Only thing I may change on my 450r's suspension is myabe the rearend. Im thinking of a lonestar dc6 link and pep shock. On an 06 swinger. Just hope that works better than the derisi setup I have now. Its worlds better than it was stock, but I have found its limits. Either it needs rebuilding and setup for a faster harder rider now. or its time for long travel.