PDA

View Full Version : Honda 300 Fourtrax not doing anything

Chainsaw9
02-25-2009, 10:35 AM
First of all, want to thank all who contributes to this board. I try to learn as much as I can before posting much, but I can't seem to find this problem yet.

My son has a 2000 Honda Fourtrax 300 2WD. We just recently purchased it from someone just "wanting it out of their way". He did tell us that the rear end was locked up, and he was right. The tank also has some rust in it, but nothing that has eaten through the wall. I have got a couple good ideas for getting rid of the rust from postings.

When I jump battery and push start button, the solenoid pops (but thats all)and I think that is normal, but engine does not even try to turn over (it is in neutral). And when I try to kick start, I cant even begin to move the lever. Something is locked up and I am not sure whether it is the engine or rear end. The rear wheels will not turn at all.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jeff

cmanningjr
02-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Sounds like the motor is locked up.

Have you tried to kick it over after decompression?

TRXRacer1
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Ramm-jett
First of all take the chain off and spin the rear wheels to ensure they are free.I know the E-brakes on those are a pain in the *** as a matter of fact most people remove them because the rear brakes on those bikes get worn right out in no time.If they are free and clear and the engine is definely in neutral then you probably have a serious issue with the engine. Your entire post is useless. You don't even know what machine you're commenting on.

hondaracing_13
03-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Remove the starter cable and use a battery booster. Put the hot on the starter stud, and ground to the engine case. If it turns over, you may have a bad battery.