PDA

View Full Version : need advice/opinions on trade,quad for camaro

S.A.J
02-24-2009, 11:15 PM
alright so i finally found somebody thats interested in trading,my quad is a 2001 400ex bored to a 416,port and polish,high comp.,cam,etc.ive been asking $2,500 for it only thing wrong is its got a smallish crack on the front right fender and needs a tie rod end and new battery.now the car is a 1984 camaro heres the ad for it http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/1047589335.html its baisicly reddy for paint(gf's dad has a bodyshop so can get good deal)its primered now,the 350 has approx 60k on it,headers,holley 650 carb,intake,heads off of a dif camaro idk if anything special,and its got a cam of some sort,guy thought it was mayb a rv cam(what he said idk),trannys good,bodys strait and good,interior is redone,has very little odds and ends that need to be done mostly pretty sheap stuff regualr stuff you can expect from being 25yrs old.runs and drives great,its a pretty solid car,now he's gona be throwing in some stuff though cause i asked if he could since im asking for more than he is,heres what he said he would throw in,this is the email: "Car will come with a optional mechanical fuel pump(brand new) / Pioneer speakers in place of factory/ Turbo 350 transmission (not needed just extra)/ Complete 350 v8 motor same year as the motor in camaro/ 12inch sony explode subwoofer in box and a 600 watt amp with wiring. plus car has a clean title. Extras valued at around 1,100" oh and the year of the engine is a 91 or 90 cant remember... so yall tell me what you think,would it be smart,am i just getting into problems with this kinda car,will it ever be worth somthing if i keep it etc,share your thoughts opinions or watever.oh one more thing,the car has oklahoma tags(it is inspected and all)that are good for like a year but im gona be wanting to change over to texas since i live here(duh)and does anybody know if thats a great hassle or if it costs alot of money? thank you very much in advance and sorry for making it so long....lets hear the comments

S.A.J
02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
nobody has anything to say?wow thought id get atleast some input here about this...anybody?i just wana know if you cldnt sell your fourwheeler would you trade for somthing like this? oh one more thing,it has aftermarket gauges but they aint hooked up yet,anybody know how hard it is doing that? any info input or sugestions would greatly be apreciated

bonds0033
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Well I guess it all depends on your situation. Seeming it is so old it's a given that you are gonna have some small problems, so if you have any mechanical experience that would help things. Before you do anything I would probably have it looked at by a shop that you know you can trust, a lot of things can be hidden after 25 years. But if things everything checks out and it is what he says it is, it doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. I guess if after you sold your 400 you were gonna buy a car anyways your cutting out the middle step. As far as it being worth considerable money someday, I would doubt it. That year camero just isn't that high in demand. But I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) after 25 years a car does technically become a classic. But unless it gets wrecked it probably won't really lose a lot of value just because of the reputation of the car. Well I guess I'm done rambling now I hope I was a help.

02-25-2009, 08:52 PM
i rather have the quad IMO

buck440
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
if it were me i would take the car and the first thing i would do is the interior :ermm: plus i would rather be spending money to fix a cool camaro than my 400ex :macho

ThreeDollaBills
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I would rather have the quad IMO. Or sell the quad for 2500 and use that as a down payment on a newer vehicle. At least made in this century.

chevys&honda$
02-26-2009, 11:28 AM
80's camaro:( yuck

S.A.J
02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
i gota 450r im rebuilding so its not like im gona be quadless lol,and i personally think you can get em looking really good,this things got a good drivetrain and the rest is okay,heck give it nice paint,nice chrome wheels(torq thrust?)get clear headlights and foglights and the side markers clear and mayb blackout or clear the brake lights somhow heck i think itd look sweet! i'll try n post some pics of some nice ones

scuzz
02-26-2009, 01:26 PM
If you put that much money into it for it to look like that ^^^^ you'll wish you had a LS1 motor and newer bodied camaro.

S.A.J
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
i think them clear lights really set it off

S.A.J
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
yeah thats true but to make it looking close to that all id need would be a paint job and i can get it done cheap cause my gfs dad has been painting and doing bodywork for 38yrs he's got his own bodyshop so the paint part aint tht hard,and then i need rims,clear lights and thats close to being all to make it look good from outside,plus i like old cars heck its 25yrs old,tiz a classic lol heres another pic

S.A.J
02-26-2009, 01:35 PM
im thinking a nice blue would look nice,or a black,i like the way this one sets n looks cause its set alil high mayb but it gives it tht older muscle car look not so much street looking

S.A.J
02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
forgot the pic lol

rjmcgee
02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Newb here, I just bought my first quad and found this place looking for info. I am kind of a 3rd generation (1982-1992) Camaro guru. That car in the ad will never be worth more than the value of it's drivetrain. Some of the original IROC's are starting to show signs of increasing in value, that car isn't going to. Plus to get it from how it looks now to looking like some of the pictures above takes alot of money. I think your bike is worth more.

Here is my 86 IROC, far from stock. Not blistering fast, but alot of fun on the street.

86 IROC at Portland International Raceway (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Oug24NFBc)

S.A.J
02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
so you dnt think itd b fair trade with the stuff he's adding?

muddy400EX
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
if u trade youll def. have fun with the car, mods for f-body's are endless. i have a 94 formula and theres always something i want to do to it, lol. but to make that car look like those other 3rd gens u posted, will take alot of money and time, which is fine if ur gonna keep it, but u never get as much back when u sell it. but since uve got a 450 anyways id do it, and have a fun project car to play with:cool:

mxtuner
02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Does the car come with a mullet, or are you planning on growing one?

S.A.J
02-27-2009, 11:16 AM
yeah i know it'll take alot of time and money and time i have more than what i know to do with,you see my dads a general contracter and things round here have slowed down like crazy construction-wise and we aint had a construction job in three months so i aint had nothing to do,so time i got and money not alot but if i use it wisely and sell the extra motor and tranny with that money im sure i'll be able to make it look bit more decent.oh one question,would that turbo 350 tranny be better than the 700r4 its got in it,or wat would be the pros and cons?and yes it'll be i nice lil project and atleast it runs and drives good,i had a 91 rs that i got for 600buks that things motor was taking its last breaths,tranny only had 2 gears,front end was horrible,interior wasnt nuthin to brag about car was a mess,now this car is already far on its way so im liken it,we're prolly gona go look at it monday,its like 4 hours away.and as for the mullet question i have not asked him if it comes with one or not and no i dont intend to grow one,ive never been a big fan of them but i think im gona go in for a trim soon cause my hair is startin to get pretty long,hope that answers your question.