PDA

View Full Version : your 400ex colors, and suggestions

deathcorefan2
02-24-2009, 11:13 PM
im stuck on what colors to use...
i already have red nerfs, so red..and what?
what looks good?

red and blue? red and yellow? red and lime green? just red and black?

im getting clutch covers and stuff powder coated..what would look best. im on the fence..help please!

oh and please use this thread to show off your 400ex's colors also!

hypersnyper6947
02-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Mine is lime green with black frame and arms, i am a fan of white though. White plastics, frame and upper a-arms black everything else, wheels lower a-arms bars nerfs, you get the picture. One day i will do mine like this

Honda#4
02-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Red and white is a killer combo

bbender85
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
assuming you're still running the silver plastics... stick with red if you already have other red stuff. less is more....

deathcorefan2
02-25-2009, 01:21 PM
maybe i should just send the nerfs for PC'ing and change the whole color scheme.

lilyamaharacer4
02-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
maybe i should just send the nerfs for PC'ing and change the whole color scheme.

A cheaper alternative would be do sandblast them then polish em. And you would be able to decide on different color schemes easier.

deathcorefan2
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lilyamaharacer4
A cheaper alternative would be do sandblast them then polish em. And you would be able to decide on different color schemes easier.

they are anodized red, i don't know how anodized? works, can you sandblast that off? and how would i polish it? just powerball it?
or would i need to do sanding?

lilyamaharacer4
02-25-2009, 01:43 PM
they are anodized red, i don't know how anodized? works, can you sandblast that off? and how would i polish it? just powerball it?

Anodize is not strong at all. And you will need a polishing wheel for a dremel to polish em.

Pappy
02-25-2009, 01:59 PM

Go to the dollar store and buy a can of oven cleaner. Spray it on, let it sit, then rinse. Repeat a few times and the color will go away

BlasterEaten250
02-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Here's blue and red back when I still had those plastics

deathcorefan2
02-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Go to the dollar store and buy a can of oven cleaner. Spray it on, let it sit, then rinse. Repeat a few times and the color will go away

then they will be silver?

Pappy
02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
They will be natural aluminum. Then you can begin the polishing procedure of your chosing, but with out blasting them. No reason to add surface texture to them if you intend on polishing them out. What the oven cleaner doesnt remove, your first sanding or first cutting pass with a polisher and compund will

deathcorefan2
02-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
They will be natural aluminum. Then you can begin the polishing procedure of your chosing, but with out blasting them. No reason to add surface texture to them if you intend on polishing them out. What the oven cleaner doesnt remove, your first sanding or first cutting pass with a polisher and compund will

would they look decent natural aluminum?

Pappy
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
If the anodizing comes off clean, in a few days or few quad washes, they would like like 99% of the nerf bars out there now:p

If your going to do it, now is the time before they get all nicked up from use. You could polish them to a nice shine as well, its all up to you(how much effort and work you want to put into them)

deathcorefan2
02-25-2009, 07:03 PM
what kind of oven cleaner do i look for, any special addatives that do this or what?

deathcorefan2
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
what kind of oven cleaner do i look for, any special addatives that do this or what?

still looking for that answer..

maybe stealth black and a little red would be awesome.

deathcorefan2
02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
what about this stuff?
ive heard oven cleaner can put tiny pits in your piece.

http://www.blulightning.com/product/ADPT/ANODIZE_REMOVER.html