PDA

View Full Version : Banshee motor ?

jboz5786
02-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I just bought a banshee the other day. The guy I bought it from told me it needs a bottom bearing installed. He told me he just had the motor rebuilt and he only got three rides in before the motor locked up on him. I was talking to a guy about it today and he told me it may not be a bearing it could be some kinda gear in the kick start assembly that could have been installed incorrectly and that could be keeping it from starting. I tried kicking it over last night and it wouldn't budge for the life of it. I was wanting some input on what it may be before I tear this thing down into a million pieces.:ermm:

smw450r
02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
you would have to be really lucky for the kick starter gear to be installed wrong, but who knows i would pull the side case off and take a look, if you believe that could be a posablitly

jboz5786
02-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah im hoping:( :( The only bearing i would know to seize a motor up would be the lower rod bearings right?

smw450r
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
yea being a 2-stroke unless it seized up really bad, but most likely bottom end bearings

jboz5786
02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
You just have to get new bearings right? Do you have to have the crank milled on or anything?

smw450r
02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
kindof just have to wait until you get it split apart to know for sure, but if the crank is locked up your better off just replacing it with a new one from wiseco, or at least that's what i would do, just hope your sleeves aint scared up, if the crank locked up it's very possable that there trashed

BancheeFew
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
He could of took off a engine part while he was re doing the engine. I have rebilt many Banshee and one locked up because i forgot to put on a pice and the engine would net start the second time.