PDA

View Full Version : asv levers

gsxrkneedragger
02-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I recently broke the end off my clutch lever and have been looking to get a set of asv levers but on thier website they have them for the 04-08 and mines an 03. anyone know if they will work anyway, or if there is another company that makes levers like the asv style? i think i saw someone say that moose has them but not sure. thanks.

kawiracerj
02-24-2009, 08:30 PM
moose has a nice one and so does msr! ltzkfx400 is the bike? if so the 04 will work just fine./

airmobile101
02-24-2009, 10:10 PM
You can get them at a decent price on ebay that are refurbed. I had to order one for my sons bike before we got a sponsorshipthru ASV.

gsxrkneedragger
02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
do they have to be for an ltz, like are the model specific? or can i just get a cheap one i find?

airmobile101
02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, I like the shorty levers. Soooo...... I modified the CRF50 ASV lever to my quad which resulted in me re-drilling the master cylinder(to mount it). I had a few master cylinders on hand so I gave it a shot. Its best if you actually get one thats made for the Z. I recently picked one up for $30.00 shipped off there. When my son got his sponsorship, I had to modify both of his levers since ASV don't make them for a KFX50. I used two ASV levers for a CRF50, one being the one I had on my DVX(that I replaced with the one on ebay) and the other that ASV sent.

gsxrkneedragger
02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
is that just with the front brake lever, or is the clutch different as well? i was thinking about getting the shorty one's cuz i ever only use 2 fingers on the clutch and usually 2 on the front brake. how do you like them and is it hard getting used to?

airmobile101
02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Yea, that was only for the front brake that I had to modify. I think I have a universal for the clutch,but Im not for sure. I like them for the simple fact that I was able to adjust them where I can reach them. Now, I only run the shorty on the brake side.

ifixtheyride
02-28-2009, 08:31 AM
One other thing with the ASV levers I have them on my 03KFX400 and love them but when I installed I had to bypass the brake light switch because the OEM lever has a tang on the bottom that activates the switch and the ASV does not if you don't bypass switch your light is on all the time.

gsxrkneedragger
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ifixtheyride
One other thing with the ASV levers I have them on my 03KFX400 and love them but when I installed I had to bypass the brake light switch because the OEM lever has a tang on the bottom that activates the switch and the ASV does not if you don't bypass switch your light is on all the time.

so with bypassing the light switch, does that mean that my rear brake light won't work anymore?

ifixtheyride
03-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Not with the front brake but the back one still does

airmobile101
03-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by gsxrkneedragger
so with bypassing the light switch, does that mean that my rear brake light won't work anymore?
Yea, I forgot all about that. It wasn't an isue for me since I don't use brake or headlights. I just took that switch off.

juice420
03-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by gsxrkneedragger
do they have to be for an ltz, like are the model specific? or can i just get a cheap one i find?

Yes they are model specific just go on ebay and type in (your model) ASV clutch lever. Back around christmas i found a Holiday Package for my 06 KFX 400, it had the quick adjust perch and handbrake lever all in one neat tidy package. wasnt cheap though but their awesome.