PDA

View Full Version : modding my 400ex?

zfrank07
02-24-2009, 05:49 PM
i have a 07 400ex that is bone stock right now...i want to dump some cash into it.where should i start at on the performance? HMF full system, k&n or uni air filter? rejet, what would be some other things to do to it..

i want to do anything and everything that i can, ive already got nerf bars, front bumper, parking brake block off.skidplates, a arm guards. what would be other stuff i could do to it. will be getting holeshot hd tires

Homerx
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by zfrank07
i have a 07 400ex that is bone stock right now...i want to dump some cash into it.where should i start at on the performance? HMF full system, k&n or uni air filter? rejet, what would be some other things to do to it..

i want to do anything and everything that i can, ive already got nerf bars, front bumper, parking brake block off.skidplates, a arm guards. what would be other stuff i could do to it. will be getting holeshot hd tires

I like uni but I am not starting a war, I just like it in the dusty environment that I ride in. Other things to think about is the 6 degree timing key mod, air box lid mod or removal. Then onto bigger bore, cam,high comp piston. etc etc. . . goes on and on.

powermadd400ex
02-24-2009, 06:05 PM
protection is my first and foremost prioritie
for the quad.
swinger skid, bellypan skids, nerfs.
for you.
a good helmet and boots is a must!

performance
slip on exhaust, uni filter, jet accordingly.
you dont need an FS unless your going to be doing engine work to the quad. so in other words. you wont notice a big difference bewteen FS and SO with a stock bore.

suspension
some good front shocks.
axis, pep, elka. all great shocks.

Dathon Lawler
02-24-2009, 06:06 PM
well sounds to me your more worried about looking cool than going fast. just remember going fast IS looking cool. anyhoo. best bang for the buck..... cam. hot cam is mild so you won't have to keep upgrading other parts. if you go with other big cams you'll prob. end up having to do bigger valves to give it more fuel and breathing room. my friend had a cam in his and i had a 416 big bore in mine. he could always beat me a little. so the cam is better when speaking power. and it sounds pretty nasty to. end of the story..... i had a cam and a big bore. lol. but that scenario always let me understand the power difference. if i had to do it all over again...... cam setup from, i think it was called. National motors. big cam with tons of power and then valves. do somthing big now and sweat the petty **** later. and if you like people looking and you and you want a pipe that will let people know you are coming. fat boy 4 and no other. i ride with about 5 guys. all different quads. 3 years ago there was one fatty. now there are 5. they heard it every single one of them fell in love. its the pipe national motors endorses. good luck to you.

zfrank07
02-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Homerx
I like uni but I am not starting a war, I just like it in the dusty environment that I ride in. Other things to think about is the 6 degree timing key mod, air box lid mod or removal. Then onto bigger bore, cam,high comp piston. etc etc. . . goes on and on.

6 degree timing key mod? what exactly is that? if something to buy where best deal at? and if bigger bore, it will be after the summer probably, which is best suitable for trial riding? 416? with stage 2 hot cam? how hig comp piston?

zfrank07
02-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
protection is my first and foremost prioritie
for the quad.
swinger skid, bellypan skids, nerfs.
for you.
a good helmet and boots is a must!

performance
slip on exhaust, uni filter, jet accordingly.
you dont need an FS unless your going to be doing engine work to the quad. so in other words. you wont notice a big difference bewteen FS and SO with a stock bore.

suspension
some good front shocks.
axis, pep, elka. all great shocks.

i got swinger skid bellypan skid and nerfs. also got helmet.

I want to go engine work sooner or later do will prolly do HMF fullsystem. and probably uni filter too.

where could i find some good prices on some of these shocks?

zfrank07
02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Dathon Lawler
well sounds to me your more worried about looking cool than going fast. just remember going fast IS looking cool. anyhoo. best bang for the buck..... cam. hot cam is mild so you won't have to keep upgrading other parts. if you go with other big cams you'll prob. end up having to do bigger valves to give it more fuel and breathing room. my friend had a cam in his and i had a 416 big bore in mine. he could always beat me a little. so the cam is better when speaking power. and it sounds pretty nasty to. end of the story..... i had a cam and a big bore. lol. but that scenario always let me understand the power difference. if i had to do it all over again...... cam setup from, i think it was called. National motors. big cam with tons of power and then valves. do somthing big now and sweat the petty **** later. and if you like people looking and you and you want a pipe that will let people know you are coming. fat boy 4 and no other. i ride with about 5 guys. all different quads. 3 years ago there was one fatty. now there are 5. they heard it every single one of them fell in love. its the pipe national motors endorses. good luck to you.

u think i should go with stage 2 hot cam right now without big motor mods such is high comp piston or bore. i want my 400 to look good as well as run like a champ!

powermadd400ex
02-24-2009, 07:50 PM
i got swinger skid bellypan skid and nerfs. also got helmet.

I want to go engine work sooner or later do will prolly do HMF fullsystem. and probably uni filter too.

where could i find some good prices on some of these shocks?
sounds good

ebay and the classifieds on here are the best place to get the shocks. just keep an eye out for them.

rob_990
02-24-2009, 07:59 PM
6 degree timing key mod? what exactly is that? if something to buy where best deal at? and if bigger bore, it will be after the summer probably, which is best suitable for trial riding? 416? with stage 2 hot cam? how hig comp piston?

i got my key from sparks racing. its the little key the flywheels on.

for the big bore go with a 416,stage 2 hot cam,and 11:1 comp if you wanna use pump gas.