PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Yamaha 400 breaks up at mid power band.

NYH1
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
I have a 2000 Yamaha 400 4x4. It runs great at lower RPM's. However it breaks up and loses power mid power band. It sounds like a racecar hitting a rev limiter. From idle I can give it full throttle and it takes off and pulls great until it reaches mid power band, then I have to let off the throttle or up shift. It does it in neutral too. I had the jets cleaned in the carb but the dealer didn't take it all the way apart, which I wish he did.

Any ideas?

Thanks, NYH1!

03-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by NYH1
I have a 2000 Yamaha 400 4x4. It runs great at lower RPM's. However it breaks up and loses power mid power band. It sounds like a racecar hitting a rev limiter. From idle I can give it full throttle and it takes off and pulls great until it reaches mid power band, then I have to let off the throttle or up shift. It does it in neutral too. I had the jets cleaned in the carb but the dealer didn't take it all the way apart, which I wish he did.

Any ideas?

Thanks, NYH1!

ok this may help u alot "only two-strokes have power-bands"

id get new fuel lines or just clean them out but it sounds like you got "BAD GAS" tehehehehehe check your gas tank

NYH1
03-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Both two and four strokes have power bands. Check THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_band) out.

The gas is new.

03-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Both two and four strokes have power bands. Check THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_band) out.

The gas is new.
\

buddy thats wikipedia anyone can post on there ask anyone on here fourstrokes dont have a power band , if its not bad gas u nee to check the gas fillters , do not trust anything on wikipedia

NYH1
03-29-2009, 04:52 PM
mxcowboy, do a little research. All engines have a power band.

03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
mxcowboy, do a little research. All engines have a power band.

sure buddy

blaster99
05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
did you clean out the carb? the gas now a days has ethanol in it, and can gum up the carb, take the bowl off and spray it all out with carb clean.

mxcowboy, what color power band is in your quad? i have a purple one, it goes really really fast!! :eek2: :eek2: :rolleyes:

obviously all motors have power bands, the term refers to where the motor has its most power.

NYH1
05-01-2009, 10:10 PM
blaster99, a guy I work with took it apart and clean it for me. I got it back today. I'll put it on this weekend. Hopefully it works, it'd be nice to have power through the "whole power band"! ;)

NYH1
05-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I put the carb back on this afternoon. The guy that cleaned it did a great job! :D