PDA

View Full Version : 230 quadsport

Bruce300ex
02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Alright i no this probably isnt the right place to ask but since the under 350 sub forum is pretty much dead i decided to ask here

Are the 230 quadsports suppose to to make a very loud clicking noise coming from the kickstart when running

I ask because yesterday we picked it up for 50$ with a broken case from the chain and the kick start didnt work so we tore off both side cases and started messing with it after about 4 hours messing with the kickstart we finally figured out that our problem wasnt there but with the piston being kinda seized up from sitting but we sprayed some stuff in the engine and got it started after about 20 kicks but it make a really loud noise coming from the kickstart area

oh and by the way if anybody has a cracked case try using Q-bond its new but we had a 3 inch hole in the side cover so we cut a peice of metal and Q-bonded it and its way stronger than jb weld and a lot easier to use

54warrior
02-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Do you think that it's supposed to make any sort of clicking sound?

C41Xracer
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
to answer your question, no.

Bruce300ex
02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Any ideas why it does it
We havent put it in gear yet so maybe it only does it in neutral
also it doesnt look like there is anyway for the gear on the kickstart to disengage so any ideas on wats wrong?

C41Xracer
02-24-2009, 12:33 PM
honestly i dont know, its been a while since i had a 230 and mine didnt make any clicking sounds