PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leaking?

outlaw525chick
02-24-2009, 03:49 AM
I have the 08 Outlaw 525 IRS and rode it last Thanksgiving and then a service done on it for the winter. I pulled it out and had a huge oil spot on my shop floor even in the new spot that I moved the bike to. When I got the bike back from the service the oil in the eye glass was full and now it is less then half. To top things off, it won't start!!!

Is this anything to do with a oil sensor in the motor that when it gets low on oil the bike won't start? It won't even turn over or click.

Thanks for any help!

GE4x4
02-24-2009, 05:41 AM
If it doesn't turn over or click, the battery is most likley dead. These batteries don't like to sit for a long time without use. Get a charger on the battery. But just make sure you kill switch isn't off. That will also make it not turn over. As far as the oil goes, the glass should not be full. The oil level cold should be only 1/4 up the glass. Then look around and see if you can see any drip marks coming from the engine. If nothing, it could be oil on the skid plate if the dealer didn't take it off. But look carefully for oil dripping.

mity4
02-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Shouldn't the oil be at the bottom of the the glass since its cold. when warmed up it should go half glass. After sitting so long I'm sure the battery is dead.

outlaw525chick
02-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I know that battery is not dead. Put it to a jumper box and still would not turn over. And yes the kill switch was on. Took the bike back into the shop, don't know yet what they did about the oil leaking issue but now it starts??? They said that the tech did not wash the bike after the last service and didn't take off the skid plate to wash it either and that the oil on my shop floor was just from the skid plate. Not agreeing with that because of the amount of oil on the floor and it was dripping from the drain plug. Is there a sensor in the motor, that is what I'd like to know?