PDA

View Full Version : Do you take supplements daily?

Rider-trx_250ex
02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm doing a project for my statistics class and figured I'd post a poll to get as many responses as possible.

From Wikipedia:

"In the United States, a dietary supplement is defined under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994[2] (DSHEA) as
a product that is intended to supplement the diet and contains any of the following dietary ingredients:

a vitamin
a mineral
an herb or other botanical (excluding tobacco)
an amino acid
a dietary substance for use by people to supplement the diet by increasing the total dietary intake, or
a concentrate, metabolite, constituent, extract, or combination of any of the above

Furthermore, it must also conform to the following criteria:

intended for ingestion in pill, capsule, tablet, powder or liquid form
not represented for use as a conventional food or as the sole item of a meal or diet
labeled as a "dietary supplement"
The hormones DHEA (a steroid), pregnenolone (also a steroid) and the pineal hormone melatonin are marketed as dietary supplements in the US."

k4f5x0r
02-24-2009, 04:06 AM
yeap. mulitvitamin among some other stuff occasionally.. dont really know if it helps because its a habit by now :D

gcart2
02-24-2009, 04:18 AM
im on creatine and amino acids for weightlifting.

JJs450r
02-24-2009, 06:21 AM
men one a days for me ;) haha

Quad18star
02-24-2009, 06:27 AM
mens one a day .

ben300
02-24-2009, 07:20 AM
optimum nutrition 100% whey, mega mens sport vitamins..

took creatine (bsn)...saw strength improvement, but all th water made me feel BLOATED as hell..so i quit taking it

Pappy
02-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
mens one a day .

amen....none of us eat like we should, and those that think they do are mistaken! all of teh fruits and veggys most of us buy are no where near as loaded with what we need. they are picked before the vegetable/fruit is mayure enough to produce what it is supposed to. Thats why the majority of stuff has no taste or flavor.

im no health nut by far, but after 2005, a daily vitamin sure has helped a ton!

Colby@C&DRacing
02-24-2009, 09:21 AM
optimum nutrition 100% whey For the wife and I

she also take the womens one a day, and vitamin C

fastredrider44
02-24-2009, 09:42 AM
unless skittles count as vitamin c, I don't.

madskrillz2
02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
For general good health I take fish oil, GNC men's "sport" vitamin, milk thistle, and garlic. Oh and this sounds ridiculous but I also take Apple Cider Vinegar. Good for your digestive tract.

As for pre-workout supplements: Controlled Labs Green Magnitude (Creatine), CL's Purple Wraath (BCAA), CL's White Flood (N.O.), and USPs Labs Prime

Warnerade
02-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ben300
took creatine (bsn)...saw strength improvement, but all th water made me feel BLOATED as hell..so i quit taking it just so you know, creatine actually helps you burn around 100 calories a day and when taken properly you will actually look more "cut" than bloated

As for those who take one a day vitamins, theres no such thing as a good one a day vitamin. It can not stay in your stomach long enough to release all the nutrients it has in it, and you end up peeing out most of it out. A good vitamin is 2 a day, a great vitamin is 3 a day...just a little insider info :D

As for supplements, vitamins, amino acids, natural herbs, extracts, and fat burners....YES they absolutely work

Ryan
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Cetrum multi-vitamin - 1 once a day
Fish Oil 2,400 mg - 3 pills twice a day
And Usually Green Tea in the morning.

ridered11
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Creatine Monohydrate (5), Mega Men(2) Sport, and Thermo burst (3)

Rider-trx_250ex
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Figured I'd post my current stack since everyone else is too:

NOW Ultra Omega-3
NOW EGCg Green Tea Extract
NOW Glucosamine & Chondroitin
EC Stack
CVS Spectravite Multi-Vitamin
Creatine Monohydrate
ON 100% Whey Protein

Now that I just ran out of my ON protein yesterday, I've been taking my body fortress premium whey protein to get me by until I decide which protein to try next.

ben300
02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
just so you know, creatine actually helps you burn around 100 calories a day and when taken properly you will actually look more "cut" than bloated

As for those who take one a day vitamins, theres no such thing as a good one a day vitamin. It can not stay in your stomach long enough to release all the nutrients it has in it, and you end up peeing out most of it out. A good vitamin is 2 a day, a great vitamin is 3 a day...just a little insider info :D

As for supplements, vitamins, amino acids, natural herbs, extracts, and fat burners....YES they absolutely work

i am well aware of what creatine does for your body...and im not to worried about the burning 100 calories aday since i run and bike as much as i can...

i stoped taking it cause the ammount of water i was drinking was causing me to feel bloated and full all the time...it just drove me nuts an made me feel gross.

THey recomended that you take two servings aday and drink 1.5 gallons of water for every servign..i justg took one cause teh two servings of water made me feel bloated , adn then i cut back adn i still felt bloated.

i quit taking it and felt better, as in not bloated...lost a small amount of strenght...to me..teh strength was not worth teh discomfort

Warnerade
02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
i am well aware of what creatine does for your body...and im not to worried about the burning 100 calories aday since i run and bike as much as i can...

i stoped taking it cause the ammount of water i was drinking was causing me to feel bloated and full all the time...it just drove me nuts an made me feel gross.

THey recomended that you take two servings aday and drink 1.5 gallons of water for every servign..i justg took one cause teh two servings of water made me feel bloated , adn then i cut back adn i still felt bloated.

i quit taking it and felt better, as in not bloated...lost a small amount of strenght...to me..teh strength was not worth teh discomfort you sure its 1.5 gallons per serving and not a day? lmao

02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I take a lot of Vitamin D. Its natural lol welcome to the sunshine state. Take in moderation though, too much can get you skin cancer. I figure i'll live to a good 250 or 300 with modern science lol

ben300
02-24-2009, 08:15 PM
you sure its 1.5 gallons per serving and not a day? lmao

my bad, it was recomended one gallon per serving...still..thast a ton of water

Warnerade
02-24-2009, 08:20 PM
So you would just down a gallon of water all at one time?

ben300
02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
So you would just down a gallon of water all at one time?

no....id take a serving in th morning...then take one after my work out or something along the lines that in the afternoon, and i would drink water periodically throughout the day...but that constant drinking of water jsu made e feel bloated...lik i constantly was full...it just got old...

madskrillz2
02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
That's why you don't take monohydrate. Any other creatine is better than Creatine Monohydrate. Preferably Creatine Ethyl Ester. That's just my opinion though.

ben300
02-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
That's why you don't take monohydrate. Any other creatine is better than Creatine Monohydrate. Preferably Creatine Ethyl Ester. That's just my opinion though.

bsn cellmass, which is what i was taking, is a blend of monohydrate, ethel ester, sodium creatine phosphate, creatinol, and creatine ABB....thats why i took it

some creatines are hard on your kindeys alone...i did alot of research befor i took it...

it dint wnat to juts take monohydrate because thats very hard on your kidneys, and i didnt want to take a brand like muscle tech which has and insane amount of sugar in it..

the cell mass has no loading phase and no sugars at all....

i did after three weeks gain about 10% in strength and was starting to see some size increase...

..i just hated feeling bloated from all of the water intake...

...i have thought about taking V-12 turbo...but have just been sticking to eating clean and taking whey..

madskrillz2
02-24-2009, 10:33 PM
bsn cellmass, which is what i was taking, is a blend of monohydrate, ethel ester, sodium creatine phosphate, creatinol, and creatine ABB....thats why i took it

some creatines are hard on your kindeys alone...i did alot of research befor i took it...

it dint wnat to juts take monohydrate because thats very hard on your kidneys, and i didnt want to take a brand like muscle tech which has and insane amount of sugar in it..

the cell mass has no loading phase and no sugars at all....

i did after three weeks gain about 10% in strength and was starting to see some size increase...

..i just hated feeling bloated from all of the water intake...

...i have thought about taking V-12 turbo...but have just been sticking to eating clean and taking whey..

Yeah. Hah, at least you know enough to not buy ANYTHING Muscle Tech. Everything from them is garbage. I would try what I'm taking right now. Controlled Labs Green Magnitude. Actually, I can't remember the exact Creatine but I'm 99% positive it doesn't have monohydrate in it. It's a blend of a couple different kinds and I think is the best "bang for your buck". Shoot, just about anything from Controlled Labs is a really good deal and all the products I've tried are legit. Much better than anything you can buy in GNC.

S.A.J
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
i take shaklee vitamins,my moms into the whole health thing specially with shaklee,we've had cancer patients get totally cancer free just taking shaklee products and they are all 100% natural,best company there is. im not sure what all i take but in the morning a soy protien shake and 6 vitamins i think theyre time release,and in the evening when we got everythng then about 5+ pills,like zinc,fish oil or omega,alfalfa pills used to n stuff like that and somtimes another protien shake after working out.

Warnerade
02-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Gaspari nutrition > controlled labs
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Yeah. Hah, at least you know enough to not buy ANYTHING Muscle Tech. Everything from them is garbage. I would try what I'm taking right now. Controlled Labs Green Magnitude. Actually, I can't remember the exact Creatine but I'm 99% positive it doesn't have monohydrate in it. It's a blend of a couple different kinds and I think is the best "bang for your buck". Shoot, just about anything from Controlled Labs is a really good deal and all the products I've tried are legit. Much better than anything you can buy in GNC.

mich746
02-25-2009, 07:29 AM
optimum nutrition 100% whey, mega mens sport vitamins..

took creatine (bsn)...saw strength improvement, but all th water made me feel BLOATED as hell..so i quit taking it

You migth want to try Creatine Ethyl Ester instead of Monohydrate. It does not give you that bloated feeling and it absorbs better so you don't have to take as much.

Taste like s**t though.

ben300
02-25-2009, 09:12 AM
you guys are all not understanding..i did not take straight creatine monohydrate, i took propiatary blend....BSN CELLMASS...

mono hydrate was like 15% of the creatine in it...

i felt bloated from the water i was drinking

madskrillz2
02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Gaspari nutrition > controlled labs

Not for me. Super Pump made me **** like a goose over a ten rail fence.

Rider-trx_250ex
02-27-2009, 06:34 AM
bump

deathcorefan2
02-27-2009, 06:49 PM
well i voted no but i do take a "herb" everyday ;)

HAHA jk.