PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy an axle!?

LBFD
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I bent my stock axle, and was wanting some advice on buying a new one. Im currently looking at G force, Dura Blue, and Lonestar. I do alot of trail riding, so I was trying to keep it stock length. I do jump, but no more than 6 foot in the air. Please leave, pros and cons thanks.

matt14c
02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Have had lonestars on all my bikes only bent one and it was prolly more my fault then the axles and it was replaced no problem. If the G-force still has the lifetime warranty it is prolly the best deal. Dont know too much about the dura blue so couldnt tell you anything there. Not sure of the overall dependability of the G-force and how there customer service is about getting a new one. With the lonestar in my opinion there the best of all of them!

02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
RPM Dominator and you will most likely never have another bent axle

Honda#4
02-24-2009, 06:08 AM
I have a LSR no problems with it yet. For the average trail rider IDK how much you could bend a axle buts its possible, for a buget i'd go with G-Force but if you dont mine spending more LSR and RPM have excellent axles all the axles are adjustable so you wont have a problem at all for that. Durablue has just a axle or they come with hubs but for that price your better off getting LSR or RPM.

02-24-2009, 11:09 AM
My buddy has bent multiple lonestars trail riding. He rides really fast trails though and it bent from hitting trees with his back tires. :eek:

billyboy93
02-24-2009, 12:36 PM
LONESTAR had mine for a 1 and a half years and i do alot of jumpin and fast trail riding

250x_kyle
02-24-2009, 02:10 PM
my buddy snapped multiple durablues and had problems with the warrnty on them. i had a gforce on my 400ex and didnt have any problems with it at all. i have a lsr in my 450r and it takes everything i throw at it. my buddy runs a rpm on his national built and raced yfz with no problems at all. you cant go wrong with a rpm dominator or lsr. gforce is the best bang for the buck for sure though.

jcs003
02-24-2009, 02:23 PM
i bent a durablue on a warrior when i was 16 and you cant do much with a warior, so i wiuld try a LSR

400exc
02-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Not to bash Durablue, but they always called their axles Durebend axles. Ha But if I were you i would go with the lonestar axle. They are a very good axles IMO.

dobber21
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
i have a gforce and i race mx i weigh 260 lbs i replaced it once no problem i bought it through rocky mtn they were more than happy to replace it and since i havent had a problem and im not shy about jumping i think u would get the best bang for ur buck with the gforce i cant say much about the rest of them havent owned them

LBFD
02-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks, for all the info guys!

iownatoyota
02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Durablue= Durabreak...go with the g force, best bang for the buck.