PDA

View Full Version : removing on/off switch

2fiftosR
02-23-2009, 08:14 PM
its probably a very easy job but, before i go out and butcher my wire harness im wondering what i need to do to remove the on/off switch?
what wires do i cut and is there any re-attatching?
i have absolutely no idea about wiring whatsoever so any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

p.s it is an 85 250R

rustyATV
02-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by 2fiftosR
its probably a very easy job but, before i go out and butcher my wire harness im wondering what i need to do to remove the on/off switch?
what wires do i cut and is there any re-attatching?
i have absolutely no idea about wiring whatsoever so any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

p.s it is an 85 250R

I replaced mine with a kill switch button for a CR250. It plugged right in where the TRX switch did, unclutters the grip, and you don't have to pop the clutch to kill the engine.

I did that after about the fifth time I got left on the starting line because I forgot to turn my ignition back on. :rolleyes:

thedeatons
02-23-2009, 09:51 PM
I believe it is a simple unplug. The black/white wire on the CDI is shorted to ground to turn the engine off. Find where the black/white wire is spliced to the on/off switch and that is your location for removal. As long as the black/white wire does not touch a ground you are good to go.

86 Quad R
02-24-2009, 06:52 AM
a very easy task. as mentioned, you simply unplug the stock harness and hook up a tether or equivelant kill switch. if in doubt study the wiring diagram for the trike :cool:

250Rrebuild87
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
i just put a button on for my kill switch just take the black and white wire out of your wire hareness hook it to the kill switch hook a wire into were you hook the green wire to the coil and hook it to the frame for good ground.i also eliminated lights