PDA

View Full Version : JB A-arms- Best shocks?

skatrdude20
02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Alright guys, I just snatched a pair of JB Long travel +2 A-arms. My buddy insists on me running a set of PEP PB1 shocks with them but he does not understand I pay for all my own parts unlike him. So I was wanting to know some opinions on the best shocks, other than just PEP, to run with these a-arms. Also, if anyone else has these arms, could you let me know the intended shock length. Thanks!

400exrider707
02-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Your best bet is find a good quality aftermarket shock, preferably something that needs to be refreshened then send it off to someone to be built the way you want them. The shock builder is more important than the name on the outside of the shock.

PEP's sure are nice though!!!

I love JB products!

crablaster
02-24-2009, 08:10 AM
i would saw PEP's Axis or Fox look in the parts for sale forums on here there are always good priced suspension if your looking to save money

NacsMXer
02-24-2009, 11:31 AM
If you went with PEPs you don't HAVE to run top of the line top dollar PB1 shocks. That's why I went with a PEP long travel remote piggyback setup on my Roll front end. Considerably cheaper than PB1's.

Any way you go, if you buy new, it's gonna be expensive if you want a decent setup. You might want to look around for a nice set of used shocks and send them to be rebuilt like 400exrider707 said if you want to save a few hundred.

racernorris
02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
the shocks are 20 inches eye to eye, if you compare top of the line shocks only, fox is the cheapest.

beware, just because a used set of shocks are 20 inches long, does not mean they are the right amount of travel (body length and shaft length could be wrong). nor does it mean they are valved correctly.

so if you by a used set of shocks it could cost xxx$ to convert them to your application.

Norris
Quinn motor sports

400exrider707
02-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Correct, you will want to find a set of used ones that were built for the same arms you're using. JB is a pretty popular arm though, shouldn't be too hard.

When buying used shocks its a pretty good rule of thumb to just assume you're going to have to send them in to get set up correctly. This helps when deciding how much you're willing to pay for a set of used shocks.

How's your build coming along? I miss the quad :ermm:

exrider49
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
check sf racing i think they got pep long travel zps shocks compression adjust for $1170..might be something to look into

mpblaster287
03-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey man I have a set of PEP shocks for sale. I bought them for my 450r but decided not to use them. I bought them from a kid who used them on JB racing a-arms. They are 19.5" eye to eye. They will need serviced, but i want to sell them cheap. They will need a new shaft $65 and serviced $90 and a new SS line to the rezzie about $20. Prices were quoted by SF racing. So they will need $175 in repairs and I woul dlike to get $200 for them. Thats $375 for a decent set of shocks. They are in the honda parts for sale section with pics. PM me if you are interested.