PDA

View Full Version : Buy new or fix????

DirtMonkey
02-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Both my back itp 190 rims are bent on the inside, does anyone have any tips on bending them back or should I just buy new ones? I just spent close to 3 grand on the purchase and parts on the 400 so I REALLY dont want to spend anymore money but if I have to, I have to.

fauxamish
02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
How bad are they bent? If they are not leaking, I would not buy new rims. If they are leaking, I still would not buy new rims. If it has a flat spot, take a ball peen hammer and tap the rim back into shape. If you do not have a ball peen hammer, try a regular hammer and a piece of wood that is curved to the approximate curve of the wheel. Try any variation of the above to reshape the wheel.

If you break the tire off the rim, you can use some silicone where the air was escaping from to hopefully get a better seal when you remount the tire. Hope this helps. If you really feel you need new rims, there is always someone selling rims on this site.

DirtMonkey
02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info, I will definately give it a shot before I buy new rims.

Stoke88
02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Hammer on them a little bit and see if that works. If not I have some Douglas .190's for sale. Just let me know.

DirtMonkey
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah ill see if I can save'em but if not I might take you up on that offer.

motox92
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
On my 300ex, i used a peice of 2x4 and hit them back...the tire was leaking around the bead..I used some tire cement after i got the rim somewhat better everything was good.