PDA

View Full Version : wheel off sets

iowaexer
02-23-2009, 01:28 PM
i have a yfz with stock wheels and tires....i want to add a couple inches in the front and back and thought i could do so with the offsets when i get new rims and tires......what offsets would i need in the front and rear to add 2 inches to both....is this possible? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

iowaexer
02-23-2009, 01:55 PM
i am thinkin of gettin razrmx with red labels.....if i went with 10x5 3B+2N fronts and 8x8 3B+5N rears would that make it wider than a stock set up?? would the front and the rear match up?? thanks

400exrider707
02-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Adding width using rim offsets is not a good idea. You are compromising handling characteristics to gain a little width. For the rear this is OK since it wont effect how your quad steers. On the front, the correct way is extended arms. This is not an area you want to cheap out on. A wider front rim or a different offset to make it wider will negatively effect steering. Please see the steering and suspension thread at the top of the page.

A 10x5 3:2 rim is almost identical to stock offsets. Stocks are usually 10x5 or 10x5.5 and the offset is almost identical. For the rear the 3:5 will make it a touch wider. The best handling front rim is 10x5 4:1, you can go 2:3 to make it wider, but like I said, worse handling.