PDA

View Full Version : Any advice or reccomendations?

hondariderdylan
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
I am probably going to compete in the first round of the SORCS hare scrambles series

its the first time ive ever been in any kind of organized race
im going to race in quad beginner on my 250

i would like some info on what to expect, how to prepare, and what i need to bring
even though i feel like a dumbass asking all this i would rather know than be left clueless on the start line

anything you guys know would be great

86250rrider
02-24-2009, 06:26 PM
i know in the gncc races you need: helmet,eye protection,long pants,long shirt, tether type kill switch (working). my races are dead engine starts. use a back pack drink system.also move over for faster riders if at all possible. be carefull. but most of all:

HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hondariderdylan
02-25-2009, 06:11 AM
thanks
thats a big help becuase im not sure of safty equipment i need

86250rrider
03-03-2009, 06:41 PM
i wasnt being a wise guy.;) bring lots of stamina too. nerfs are a big plus also when your rubbin for position. i get nervous before starting, once around 1st turn and no crash i pour it on. im 42 and try to avoid injuries ! haha:macho

hondariderdylan
03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
nah man i knew that:)

but i got the nerfs so im ok there
im going to call them tomorow to figure out what else i need

problem is im gonna be racing in the same class as my buddy on his KFX700

its gonna be fun

86250rrider
03-03-2009, 07:14 PM
thats a battle between agility and raw power.if its tight...you should be better off. if its pretty open ....he will eat you up. that big bike will wear you down over time.they are comfy but the weight gets to you eventually.

flyboy62
03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
save your energy. dont go full blast off the star. it has always helped me to push at the end during long races. also remember to breathe, it sounds silly but trust me. deep breaths in your nose and out your mouth. it helps me alot. drink alot of water 1 day before the race so you are hydrated. make sure you have the proper safty gear and your quad is working fine. and have a good time!! hope you do well

hondariderdylan
03-04-2009, 06:16 AM
thanks for the advice

yea
i catch myself not breathing hardly at all when im really into my ride

yea ive read a couple other things about it and that one thing they said