PDA

View Full Version : SOME MINIS' PASS (must read) !

wentzracing
02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
TO DAY YAMAHA SENT OUT TAGS ! SO WE CAN BUY OUR SELL THEME . THEY SAY, CAUTION THIS VEHICLE HAS NOT BEEN TESTED FOR LEAD CONTENT AS REQUIRED FOR PRODUCTS INTENDED FOR CHILDREN 12 YEARS AND YOUNGER DUE TO NEW FEDERAL LEAD CONTENT RESTRICTIONS TO REDUCE POTENTIAL HEALTH RISKS TO CHILDREN, THIS VEHICLE IS ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR USERS OVER 12 YEARS OF AGE HONDA IS LETTING THE TRX-90cc TO BE SOLD 2008 OR OLDER ( MORE TO COME ) GREAT !:cool: :cool:

honda400ex2003
02-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Awesome!! steve

LT80
02-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Yes, some do pass. DRR looked ahead and did all the legal mumbo-jumbo and has the proper certification to allow their vehicles to be sold (that's what I read somewhere).
The Japs (big 4)have been building their machines to these codes voluntarily (sp).
So for the squids that didn't want to do their homework, it's a giant deal.

The problem as I see it, is the china junk that's infiltraiting our atv market.
The chinese commit horrible offences against human rights. Why should they care to comply to a simple lead content as we won't do anything about it (or so they may think).
Hopefully this new law will make them step up, or step out.
I hope out.

tireman43
02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by wentzracing
TO DAY YAMAHA SENT OUT TAGS ! SO WE CAN BUY OUR SELL THEME . THEY SAY, CAUTION THIS VEHICLE HAS NOT BEEN TESTED FOR LEAD CONTENT AS REQUIRED FOR PRODUCTS INTENDED FOR CHILDREN 12 YEARS AND YOUNGER DUE TO NEW FEDERAL LEAD CONTENT RESTRICTIONS TO REDUCE POTENTIAL HEALTH RISKS TO CHILDREN, THIS VEHICLE IS ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR USERS OVER 12 YEARS OF AGE HONDA IS LETTING THE TRX-90cc TO BE SOLD 2008 OR OLDER ( MORE TO COME ) GREAT !:cool: :cool:

If I'm reading your post correct...Yamaha is just going around the law and putting stickers on saying they CAN'T be used by kids under 12yrs old. That still does nothing for complying to testing. IMHO that does us no good either. They need to comply so we can all put our kids "under 12" on them. Not that I have or want a Yamaha, but if others like Honda do this they are just delaying the inevitable. And as LT80 stated, DRR and Apex knew about this and do comply. It's the big 4 and the Chinese stuff that don't.

Kevin

lem dad
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
I don;t know who to belive I spoke to KTM dealership over weekend he told us some brands have filed paper work but at present time no brand was ok They had bikes on floor but could not sell Also buy the way where some of you think DRR and Apex are made??????????????

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03

coffing918
02-25-2009, 05:51 PM
think they are made in tiwan

tireman43
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by lem dad
I don;t know who to belive I spoke to KTM dealership over weekend he told us some brands have filed paper work but at present time no brand was ok They had bikes on floor but could not sell Also buy the way where some of you think DRR and Apex are made??????????????

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03

Taiwan...not China

Doug@J&D racing
03-02-2009, 04:59 PM
none of the mini's with a battery will ever comply unless they use a different terminal. it has to be under 6oo parts per million
the best way is to exclude youth motorsports from the law.

mini racer #39
03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I was told by some local dealers that NONE of the mini's fully comply. That's what I was told, because there are still parts that have a lead base in them. Such as grips! There is a lead base in them that makes them soft and flexible, and valve stems are another thing that came up. Now I know that our kids aren't going to grab a tire and blow it up with their mouths. But that is still another factor.There are so many different opinions on this that its hard to believe what everyone is saying. What is true and what isn't. WHO KNOWS!!! ANYBODY????:confused: :confused: :confused: Just trying to understand everything.
Bobbie

Nichols Atvs
03-03-2009, 05:46 AM
DRR has been fully tested and has passed. And is able to be sold with out any problems .

mini racer #39
03-03-2009, 06:16 AM
OK thanks! Its just confusing...this whole thing has to be the most stupid thing to ever happen and I'm sure we can all agree on that.
Bobbie