PDA

View Full Version : summit indoors

zach R 7x
02-23-2009, 06:07 AM
summit is this weekend anybody going to make the trip?
numbers seemed a little down at the last one in jan. only 9 for the gate on fri, and sat, hope it was just the snow, but was still great racing !

leadsled01
02-24-2009, 05:51 AM
We will be there. Only watching , not racing. My son isn't ready for MX yet.

LT80
02-24-2009, 06:16 AM

Might as well go, you can walk to it. :D

zach R 7x
02-24-2009, 06:26 AM
wish we could walk to it !
we are about one hour and twenty mins. away. but worth it,gives us something to look forward to in this long cold dreaded winter. (':D')

leadsled01
02-25-2009, 08:12 AM
5 minutes away!! Thats about $50 in gas now-a-days.lol

ToddL
02-25-2009, 11:40 AM
We are going to watch Friday and race Sat/Sun.
Too far to get there in time Friday night.
First time there - my son looking forward to it.
Hasn't ridden quad since October, so we'll be rusty.
Just looking to get a look at quad with new cylinder
and pipe. Think it's close, but probably have to see what
clutching and gearing will be. A big fun experimental weekend we hope. We're #6 Yellow DRR in Jr.Mini.
Hope to see some folks there !
:)

zach R 7x
02-25-2009, 07:30 PM
ToddL, you and your son will have alot of fun this weekend .
jr mini class is pretty competitive so it is a good place to test your new stuff.
they do also have practice thursday from 1-8 if you can make it.
look us up, my son zach is#7x in the 90 class on a drr with white frt plastic and black rear plastic,we will be there all weekend. TIM

ToddL
02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks Tim - I remember seeing you guys
at Pymatuning a couple times. Your son rides
great. Looks like you guys have moved up for this year.
One less to beat I guess !

we will see you for sure.
:)

Ryko racing
02-26-2009, 07:59 AM
we would have loved to come but we could never get a straight answer on our cobra auto clutch being legal.

Oh well, maybe next year..

zach R 7x
02-26-2009, 07:33 PM
well it's 9:20 and we just got back from practice , alot of mini's there today. looks like it is going to be a great turn out . alot of old faces and alot of new! nice to see everybody again and see the kids hanging out and having fun!

track was great for mini's ,but talked to josh,and he said they were going to redo it tomorrow, wasn't very good for the bikes and big quads.

see you at the races....TIM

Ryko racing
02-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Well it looks like with the economy we will be racing more local this year.

We are building a 80 cobra auto clutch which according to cra is legal in mini quad sr.

Which cra outdoor tracks are the best ??? ( WE RACED HANGTIME IN 2005 AND THOUGHT IT WAS DECENT)

Thanks for the input.

mini racer #39
02-27-2009, 08:03 AM
The people that run Hangtime also run 4 other tracks. All different terrain. The only 1 i wouldn't recommend is Fulton County. More like a fair race otherwise they run a great program!!!

leadsled01
02-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
well it's 9:20 and we just got back from practice , alot of mini's there today. looks like it is going to be a great turn out . alot of old faces and alot of new! nice to see everybody again and see the kids hanging out and having fun!

track was great for mini's ,but talked to josh,and he said they were going to redo it tomorrow, wasn't very good for the bikes and big quads.

see you at the races....TIM Good to meet you guys. See you on saturday.

guy310
02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
We were at practice yesterday and the track was good for mini's. We will be there Friday and Saturday but will be driving home Sunday. I have been to Summit a bunch of times in the past but this is the first time for my daughter and she enjoyed it quite a bit. She rides a pink #10 DRR. Feel free to say hi to us.

zach R 7x
02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
ryko racing,
hangtime is closed now , but there are some nice tracks in the cra.
we run amherst meadowlarks which is about 15-20 minutes east of were hangtime was, malvern which is south canton, ,pymatuning holeshot in pa, big game ,which is near hubbard oh.
there are more tracks in cra but those are the ones we like and run the most.

we really like amherst the best ,because it is close to home and it is alot more technical than the others we run[imo].

malvern is a good track for minis , they can jump just about any jump there.it has alot of sweeping turns and hills ,good top end track.

hope this helps you out .....TIM

Ryko racing
09-17-2009, 06:32 PM
when is amherst or malvern running next ?

zach R 7x
09-18-2009, 05:31 AM
malvern-sat. nite the 19th,amherst is not until oct.4thand i think that is the last one of the year there.you can go to racecra.org and view the whole schedule.

RCR_531
02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
We are coming over in Feb. This will also be my sons first race event.

Is there a good place to stay that isn't to far from the track and is safe.

Is the indoor track heated? Thanks Rodney

ToddL
02-07-2010, 08:08 AM
the arena is somewhat heated, not really too bad unless you are near a door. As for where to stay, we have found the Econolodge in Kent to be Ok - about 5-10 min away and reasonable. Has a small indoor pool and a breakfast included. That's where we always stay. We'll be there all 3 days.

RCR_531
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks we are going to be out there for all three day too.