PDA

View Full Version : 09yfzr vs. 08ltr uncorked graphs

ltr311
02-23-2009, 05:46 AM
Just thought I would share my findings. I have an 09 at my house that Im working on for a friend. I also have a dynojet dyno i am tuning on. Stock the bike came in at 41whp and with cork out, lid and seat off it made 45.5whp. Ill be installing a pipe(dasa or barker), and intake(dasa, fci, or prodesign) and pim2 unit. Ill post those graphs when I get them. Is there any more info on if the older cams add any power. Ill throw some of those in there if they do and show you guys some more before and after graphs.

Remember all dynos do read different and its the gains you get on each dyno that count. Here is a graph of the 09 yfzr uncorked vs. 08ltr 450 uncorked on the same dyno.I forgot to relable the ltr after I did the baseline and thats why it says stock. The ltr has a much better exhaust from the factory, but a much smaller intake box design. An 08ltr makes 51whp 36fltbs on my this dyno with dasa pipe, dasa intake and pim tuned. Enjoy and more to come.

Red line is yfzr and blue is 08 ltr. Rember 08 ltrs make about 2-2.5whp more than the 06-07. The 08 has better cams, exhaust and ecu the older model.

Ill post more info as I get it. So far it runs better than most 450s that come in. The honda and the kawi both do about 43-44whp uncorked. The yami and ltr just run stronger.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/Nismo311/DSC01776.jpg

bosshogg1
02-26-2009, 11:30 AM
what is the ecu model can you give me a lil help

1socal450
02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Even with the baffle removed on the YFZR,that exhaust is still restricted,everyone changes the exhaust on both machines,please re-do the test with pipes installed!Besides,who wants a ltr in there garage?