PDA

View Full Version : AZ builders??

AZ_TRX_05
02-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, my motor seized this weekend while racing up Patton Hill. My buddies all said I wasted the other guy, but catastrophic failure tells me I lost! Not sure what it is though. It will go into 1st, but not second. I think I was in 3rd when it quit. I didn't see any smoke, and no one else said that they did. It's a kicker and it won't kick over, not even with the clutch in. No holes in the case, so I'm hoping it's not a whole new motor that I'll need.
So, without mentioning any names, I want to say that I had my motor put together by someone in the valley already. I'm not sure I want to take it back there, since this happened after only 2 previous trips to the dunes.
I'm looking for suggestions of who I should consider taking the bike to.
Thanks for the input guys.

400EX Stud
02-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I would say take it to KMS Performance. I worked there while i lived in PHX. Kelly is very particular about motors, and very knowledgeable. Hope that's not where you took it the previous time though. Also if you get it done there it will get dynoed and broke in correctly. If you want I can send you their number

AZ_TRX_05
02-23-2009, 06:53 PM
sure. shoot it over. thanks.

400EX Stud
02-23-2009, 08:44 PM
PMed ya

They'll take good care of ya.
You may have seen some of their bikes out. Kelly is known for making turbo bikes. Really crazy HP

250r4life
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
who built it originally?

flyjum
03-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Run it down to kenz cycle tech in west mesa.

He has a dyno and does ALOT of engine work.

He has a 90whp rappy and MANY other fast bikes.

He is on broadway just west of mesa drive on the north side its a black building.

He also does 2 stroke work.