PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle

mikeyboi
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
hey yall first off this forum is great, very good info. i just got back into riding, and bought another 2003 400ex couple weeks ago and have been going through it making repairs.

my question being about the twist throttle, when i bought my quad the former owner had put a twist throttle on it. i eneded up replacing it with a motion pro twist throttle (because old one was damaged). the problem i am having is it seems like i am having to adjust the grip, because it would stick after a while and wouldnt get quick throttle respone. what have yall done to fix this problem if you have it? also does the tube need to be cut down a bit, because my grip is about half an inch from the main assy? any help would be great. thank you

JOHNNYRENO
02-22-2009, 05:21 PM
moose dual gasser. i have a brand new one for 110 bucks still in the package i bought 2 put one on my 400 and my wife likes her thumb better.

mikeyboi
02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah didnt know about the moose dual gasser, wish i would had. 110 is to much for me at the moment. unless you wanna work with me on the price. where are you located?

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I have a Terry Cable D.G and I love the option of the twist or thumb. Have'nt had any problems with it yet. I shortened my new bars 3/8's of an inch on each side and had to trim the throttle tube alittle for the fit I wanted, also trimmed grip to fit. I trimmed 1/4 inch more past end of tube so it would'nt hang up on the handgaurd mount on the end of the bars.

Welcome to the forum and the world of A.A.D.S !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHNNYRENO
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by mikeyboi
yeah didnt know about the moose dual gasser, wish i would had. 110 is to much for me at the moment. unless you wanna work with me on the price. where are you located? RENO NV, i bought 2 for 248 from a place in az. they work good i really like it. i have always used twisters on motorcycles.

mikeyboi
02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
do you have the complete kit, assy throttle cable and all? i can give you 100 bucks for it. ill be in reno tomorrow or tuesday for work. would you be able to meet up at whichever hotel im gonna stay at?

honda440
02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
i had the same problem with it stickin a bit and i just tore the throttle apart and greased it and used some good old wd40 on it and it worked great after that!!

mikeyboi
02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
honda440, did you have any problems with the grip? did you have to cut the throttle tube down a little, to make the grip fit better?

JOHNNYRENO
02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
nothing to cut except shortened the grip a bit i used my stock cable didnt need a new cable just twisted it on and adjusted it

mikeyboi
02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
ill pick it up for 100, pm your number and ill give you a call when im in reno

honda440
02-23-2009, 08:37 AM
nah i didnt cut he grip at all it worked great after i greaseed it alittle