PDA

View Full Version : air fillters K&N or UNI?

bansheeboyo
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
hi
dose the K&N air filters make mutch odds on the banshee

if so what do u guy s recon K&N or UNI

speedfreek
02-24-2009, 07:02 AM
I don't know what you mean when you say, "make much odds"? but I will say this, I like K&N and use it on everything that I have BUT my local atv shop owner HATES them.

billyboy93
02-24-2009, 07:28 PM
k and n has more air flow which means less filtering i put 1 on my 250 and after a while the rings went out and there was dust in there

TitanMotorworks
02-25-2009, 07:13 AM
foam for sure. To much goes dirt goes through a k&n.

99banshee
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I like my K&N. I have run it for a while and not had a problem i see people are saying they let to much dirt come in. But the clue to that when you buy them is HIGH FLOW FILTER. Most people i know including me just run an outerwear on them and never have any problems.

lukey
05-10-2010, 12:41 AM
i like uni 2 stage they never get dusty

yamahahaha
05-10-2010, 01:50 PM
k&n for sure, put a k&n dynacharger/precharger or outerwear on it. u wont have to clean the filter as much

2001warriorman
05-14-2010, 02:41 PM
My vote goes for a good ol foam filter. From personal experience the K&N does let more dirt in and for the performance you get idt its worth it. You honestly dont get enough hp over unis to brag about especially when it renders your motor.. If I EVER ran a clamp on filter with no box itd be UNI. My neighbor got the bright idea for K&NS even with the outerwears and it died so fast even when it wasnt that dusty.

Hondamaster5505
05-14-2010, 02:45 PM
In my opinion, foam filter. Preferably Uni or ProFlow. You know why?

When you compare the two, by seat of the pants feel, you will NOT notice the difference in power between the two. And I have seen dirt get through even the outerwares, filter, and into the intake tract.

Every time I pull a foam filter, the intake is spotless.

I will run K&N for anything on the street. But for off-road, foam is where it's at.

I have a K&N on mine I want to replace in the worst way.

2001warriorman
05-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
In my opinion, foam filter. Preferably Uni or ProFlow. You know why?

When you compare the two, by seat of the pants feel, you will NOT notice the difference in power between the two. And I have seen dirt get through even the outerwares, filter, and into the intake tract.

Every time I pull a foam filter, the intake is spotless.

I will run K&N for anything on the street. But for off-road, foam is where it's at.

I have a K&N on mine I want to replace in the worst way.

Ride on man. My neighbors K&N is the ONLY I repeat ONLY K&N filter ive seen block anything. It just plugs up with dirt and then it gets no airflow what so ever so either way its a lose lose situation. If you tap his K&N lid off the ground a pile of dirt falls out once he cleans its so bad.

Hondamaster5505
05-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Exactly. They're awesome on cars though, that's about it. lol.

2001warriorman
05-15-2010, 06:27 AM
More or less the times they do actually work they plug up so fast and bad its funny.I dont feel the least bit safe running them at all. Not to mention the price of them! I bought a cfm airbox and they offered me 2 uni pod filters for it for like 40 bucks or K&N for 112??? :eek: