PDA

View Full Version : best after market wheel hubs?

rmiller640
02-22-2009, 10:25 AM
My rear stock hubs broke on me in the middle of nowhere and I would like to avoid this from happening again. What are the best and most reliable front & rear hubs available?

yellowzo3
02-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Both of your rear hubs broke at the same time? Stock hubs are fairly strong and people rarely have a problem with them... But Hardkore makes some nice hubs. They should have something for the Z... They arent cheap though. A little over $200 for a pair I believe. Can I ask how they broke? Thats odd that they both break at the same time.

rmiller640
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
It was just one hub. Somehow the lug nuts loosened and my rim pretty much came off and tore apart my rim & hub. Pretty stupid I know. Either way, thanks for the suggestion and I'm going to look into those hubs.

jonboy
02-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Your gonna be better off using the stockers. I've gone though a set of Tusk( bad quality and aluminum splines) Durablue, and lonestar. They've all stripped out. So I went back to the stock hubs and they are still holding strong. I think my initial problem was the hub nut worked loose and caused my problem with stockers in the first place. Havent had any issues with them in the past 2 yrs.

kawiracerj
02-23-2009, 08:23 PM
i use the lonstar with no problems what so ever! well worth the extra money!

airmobile101
02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I would just run the stockers. If the nut came loose, then naturally your gonna have issues.