View Full Version : Motorama 2009 Video's Dunk on the new YFZ450R

jrspawn
02-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey whats up? Heres some video i took yesterday at motorama. Dunk is out front on his new YFZ450R. Sorry for the crappy quality.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRvIvu5hrAs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRvIvu5hrAs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thank you
Justin

jrspawn
02-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Another video from the pitbike class. The guy out front(#411 i think) was flat out hauling! There wasnt even a bit of competition out there for him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pv1R7t99zRs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pv1R7t99zRs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

laeger2fiddyr
02-22-2009, 10:25 AM
cool vids!! what class was dunk running? if it was pro i think its pathetic that pretty much no one but him was doing all the jumps!!!! they look technical but not that bad!!:(

jrspawn
02-22-2009, 10:27 AM
It was either Pro, A, or maybe pro am? Pretty much the fastest guys were out there. I believe Fink was running out there in second hauling pretty good also.

TWISTED
02-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Where can you get the results.... There were a couple of D-7 guys there racing.. Just curious how they finished....

JRP
02-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Awsome vids justin! Saw a few ppl i recognized in the dunk vid, and then the kid on the pitbike is tyson clark! Is from PA. I met him at BPG a looong time ago, i actually think he races pitbikes now professionally lol. Pretty sure he got a magazine shot before!

Ralph
02-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Another video from the pitbike class. The guy out front(#411 i think) was flat out hauling! There wasnt even a bit of competition out there for him.

He was really impressive

Ripitupfilms
02-22-2009, 04:35 PM
tyson clark factory thumpstar. 411 he gets paid to ride pitbikes. hes so insane.

02-22-2009, 05:19 PM
That YFZ450R looks like it accelerates like a mofo.

ltr450rider21
02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Yup his name is Tyson Clark. He does ride for Thumpstar. He is a machine. Does most jumps at breezewood....on his pitbike.

And I'm pretty positive, dunks quad had the sprockets set up to have holeshots and acceleration like he did.

scottsworld
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
he was also running stock shocks

jesseweaver
02-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by laeger2fiddyr
cool vids!! what class was dunk running? if it was pro i think its pathetic that pretty much no one but him was doing all the jumps!!!! they look technical but not that bad!!:(

the jumps are pretty technical. i guess i cant say much cause i didnt ride them but they did look kinda hard. the landings were steep and pretty pointed so if you case them your screwed. the one big double along the wall looked really hard. i think dunk was the only guy on a quad hitting it, maybe 1 or 2 others were, i forget. the one after the little whoops/rhythym section didnt look that bad though and the one in the middle didnt look that hard.

sunco
02-23-2009, 05:49 AM
I saw two dudes in quads(at dif moto's) go over the bars & had there quads roll up on them after the whooops on that double. 4 quads were jumping the big one. We had a good time saw abunch of BPG friends. Gets my blood flowing more to see the action. I rode last weekend at a family members farm in S. Jersey. I was hauling ... Hoping I didn't blow it up cause you can run for a long time in 5th gear. South Jersey's like an old girlfriend FLAT.

I perfer pennsey ^^^^^^. LOL

Happy trails yall

quad2xtreme
02-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Looked boring but I guess if I'd been holed up all winter I might think differently... :D ;) :p

sunco
02-23-2009, 07:42 AM
for sure. Something like - if its riding - its good no matter how boring :)

dehner47
02-23-2009, 08:04 AM
damn. that track hasn't changed in years. they should atleast make the jump better so the quads can do them. as we all know,more people end up watching the quads over the bikes. so set the jumps up so the quads can put on a better show. just my 2 cents.

great video justin.but you should of took out that multi-cultural bike you have in the garage and ripped it up the rama with dunk:D

RaptorRacer45
02-23-2009, 08:11 AM
It would be boring is they ran there more than once a year but its an experience all its own....ill probably go back next year and try it all again:D

jesseweaver
02-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
[B]damn. that track hasn't changed in years. they should atleast make the jump better so the quads can do them. as we all know,more people end up watching the quads over the bikes. so set the jumps up so the quads can put on a better show. just my 2 cents.

B]

yea i kinda agree, even though im on a bike. it gets boring when a whole class rolls every jump and B class is hitting maybe 1 or 2. the landing for the double in the middle didnt look that bad but the others were pretty hard looking. i think they need to have an FMX show next year. i dont see why they dont, its the perfect time and place. i guess they dont really have a big enough landing though so they'd have to bring in a portable one:ermm:

dehner47
02-23-2009, 09:36 AM
i think it kinda sucks that out of all the "pro" quads, one dude(dunk) was doing the big jumps. not even all of them. but i wasn't there so if i'm wrong by saying only dunk was hitting stuff please correct me.

and i totally agree jesse. they need to put on a fmx show. what better time and place to put on one to show case the freestyle guys skills. i just figured they already had something like that. stupid they dont. the middle jump looks big enough to pull somethings off of.

sunco
02-23-2009, 10:11 AM
read the above post. It gets busy on the track being small that when they come up on lappers - NO one is jumping the gaps.

02raptor_rider
02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Did any of you people actually watch the races?? Dunk wasn't even the first person to hit the jumps. I know myself, fink, ace, and wilhelm hit all of the jumps on the track. Maybe not consistenly. You can't jump if the person in front of you isn't jumping. Motorama is a whole different world and until you have raced there, you have no idea what it is like. It is not a place to ride over your head and make stupid decisions. Look at all the people that got hurt there this weekend. It is just not worth it. I agree though, Dunk did very well this weekend, which he should. I did beat him on one holeshot though...:)

By the way, my buddy is the one who wrecked on the white honda at the end of the whoops. Broke his femur in his left leg. He already has a rod in his right leg from a broken femur about 2 years ago. He got another rod put in his left leg. He is in good spirits and I will let him know everyone was asking about him. Thanks for your concern. Also, his honda is going to be for sale if anyone is looking...

dan harris
02-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Congradulations to Dunk on an awesome weekend of Racing!!!! I was only there on Sunday but still got to see alot of the action.

I agree the track needs some changes. Other then the triple being taken out - nothing has changed in years. I know its a very small space but still think there is more they could do to make for better racing action. Just my opinion but what I would do is make the first little double a little farther out of the corner, then the next double make a table top. Its only like 30' long, its just intimidating cause it has a do or die lander!!! I'd keep the whoops the same then make the small double on the end into a table top or a single jump at an angle around the corner! The double in the middle should be a single onto a table top. I know this track wouldn't be as cool for the bike A riders, but EVERYBODY else would jump more. I agree watching 10 quads go around the track with no body jumping ANYTHING isn't very interesting. A plain oval track would be more exciting - like they did in the 90's.

With all that said, for the middle of FREEZING FEBRUARY, you can't find a more FUN place to spend the weekend in the North East. Hope to see everybody back at motorama next winter, and at the Proving Grounds this spring.

BlasterBTW
02-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Like raptor_rider said above, Motorama is a different world. You have no idea what its like until your actually racing on the track. Sure the jumps arn't too hard, but when your racing and there is only feet, sometimes inches between you and the guys in front/back of you, your not going to try and jump over them. Its plain old NOT WORTH IT. I want myself and all my competition to go home SAFE. Sure it would be nice if the all the guys in A class would jump the jumps, but it doesn't happen that way so the rest end up running a blocking race. Jason is super smooth, and very fast. You people need to remember, hes is a PRO racer for a reason. Besides, we had some close racing with him this year, which is always fun.

Over all - this weekend was super fun. Motorama is unlike any other event around here. Its all about a good time!

See everyone there next year!

extremeblastr
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
With all that said, for the middle of FREEZING FEBRUARY, you can't find a more FUN place to spend the weekend in the North East.

i would much rather spend my time at mototown. bigger track, more jumps.

dehner47
02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
i do agree with the guys that say its a whole different ball game when running the rama compared to just watching. as for me, i been on both sides of the fence. i have raced there many of times in the past. the tracks just not set up for quads. more for the bikes.i totally agree and understand that. but as a spectator,it just sucks watching dudes roll jumps and single things. totally understand its not set up perfect for quads to do the jumps. so i'm not baggin on anyone who isn't doing them. i'm just saying it would be better for the racing and better for the fans if they set it up the way dan is saying or anyway that will help out the racing. it just makes up quad guys look like a bunch of couch racers like the dirtbike world already thinks we are.

sunco
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Ah man :(

I bet you didn't realize that my son & I are the 2008 Couch race champs at Breezewood Proving Grounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9bOB8_0d9U

I won't take offense to the comment. LOL

Just had to post that bit of info.

It's Nick? We were gonna ride sometime when I was working in S. Jersey. I was just down there last week & took a quick ride in woodstown @ a friends farm. Seems I'm always in a hurry. Perhaps another time. Hope you doing well :)

quad2xtreme
02-23-2009, 03:30 PM
From my view of just seeing the video, I would have been bored to death to be there...same reason I don't watch most sports. It might be fun if your playing but just sucks to watch. Watching baseball would be a really good example of what I mean (ok, not really because it is boring even if you are playing).

The thing is that Motorama is ENTERTAINMENT. It is 50% for the racer and 100% for the audience (yea, my math isn't always perfect!). I think Dan is right that watching high speed TT type racing would have been more exciting.

Not blaming the racers at all. I wouldn't be hitting those crappy landers either especially if I didn't trust the guy in front of me was going to. I only watched the video that was posted but it sure doesn't show most of the A Class riders hitting most of the jumps.

jesseweaver
02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Congradulations to Dunk on an awesome weekend of Racing!!!! I was only there on Sunday but still got to see alot of the action.

I agree the track needs some changes. Other then the triple being taken out - nothing has changed in years. I know its a very small space but still think there is more they could do to make for better racing action. Just my opinion but what I would do is make the first little double a little farther out of the corner, then the next double make a table top. Its only like 30' long, its just intimidating cause it has a do or die lander!!! I'd keep the whoops the same then make the small double on the end into a table top or a single jump at an angle around the corner! The double in the middle should be a single onto a table top. I know this track wouldn't be as cool for the bike A riders, but EVERYBODY else would jump more. I agree watching 10 quads go around the track with no body jumping ANYTHING isn't very interesting. A plain oval track would be more exciting - like they did in the 90's.

With all that said, for the middle of FREEZING FEBRUARY, you can't find a more FUN place to spend the weekend in the North East. Hope to see everybody back at motorama next winter, and at the Proving Grounds this spring.

yea i agree with those track changes. i know you had said you were gonna be there sunday, i figured you might have a stand or something but i didnt see anything so i guess not?? i did get my brouchure though:macho i need to take advantage of that $120 cabin rental and ride for a weekend.

elementryder
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
motorama is a completly different experince, im a guy whos been racing for close to 4 years now. i go to every track and hit every jump! at motorama i only doubled out of the whoops! and sure im positive i could have hit all the jumps but anytype of mistake there and it could cost you your hole season! i happend to win B-class on sunday and was only doubling out of the whoops! the track is allabout holeshots, on a quad its almost impossible to pass