PDA

View Full Version : 700xx vs Outlaw 525 styling...

Backstabber
02-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I know posting this here will probably get me a lot of biased opinions but whatever. I was looking at the Outlaw's styling since so many people have commented on the XX looking cheap and ugly. I personally love the way my XX looks and so do my friends. I looked at the 09' Outlaw on polaris's web page and the thing is FUGLY. You have to see this thing, they took some bad ideas and went extreme with them. GOO!
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en...es/gallery.aspx :devil:

FiveTwentyFive
02-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Let me start by assuring everyone I AM a loyal Outlaw owner. I must agree with this Backstabber(I would get a different handle, Dude) about the looks of the aforementioned quads. ('09 Outlaw and the new 700xx) I would never own a Honda, not that they are not good quads, rather, they do not respond properly to user wants and needs. What I like to call 'Non-reactive'. Still, I rather like the look of the 700xx. What I don't like is the ungodly weight of the machine. Being an owner of an '07 Outlaw IRS, I love the look of it. When the '09 came out, I thought they could have slimmed it up and still retain the 'Outlaw look'. So if I ever replace my '07, it will probably not be with an '09. Besides the look of it, I don't like that they shrunk the fuel tank. IMO it was a cheaters way of shedding some pounds. It was one of the main selling points for me. So, I do like the cool look of the 700xx and am sort of disappointed with the new Outlaw.

Backstabber
02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by FiveTwentyFive
Let me start by assuring everyone I AM a loyal Outlaw owner. I must agree with this Backstabber(I would get a different handle, Dude) about the looks of the aforementioned quads. ('09 Outlaw and the new 700xx) I would never own a Honda, not that they are not good quads, rather, they do not respond properly to user wants and needs. What I like to call 'Non-reactive'. Still, I rather like the look of the 700xx. What I don't like is the ungodly weight of the machine. Being an owner of an '07 Outlaw IRS, I love the look of it. When the '09 came out, I thought they could have slimmed it up and still retain the 'Outlaw look'. So if I ever replace my '07, it will probably not be with an '09. Besides the look of it, I don't like that they shrunk the fuel tank. IMO it was a cheaters way of shedding some pounds. It was one of the main selling points for me. So, I do like the cool look of the 700xx and am sort of disappointed with the new Outlaw.
Haha, backstabber is a inside joke. I'm really not but anyways I'm glad you agree with me. I know the 700xx is heavy but I only weigh a 160lbs. and I man handle it. If you're not a capable rider then I'm sure with the power and weight it could run away from you real quick! Thanks for the response!:devil:

GE4x4
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't think the 09 looks bad at all. But looks is in the eye of the beholder, so it's all mute.

Backstabber
02-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I don't think the 09 looks bad at all. But looks is in the eye of the beholder, so it's all mute.
The beholder is blind. LOL:devil:

U1arunit
02-21-2009, 02:22 PM
I like the looks of the xx better than the '09 Outlaws but that is the only thing I like better. Well, maybe also the reliability of a Honda. lol

GE4x4
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Backstabber
The beholder is blind. LOL:devil:

That's OK. Last time I looked, looks don't win races.:macho

FiveTwentyFive
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
It looks alright, except for the nose. Somewhat of a departure for an Outlaw, which IMO should have that mean look to it.

Backstabber, where do you ride at? Being in the city. :cool:

GE4x4
02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
It looks alright, except for the nose. Somewhat of a departure for an Outlaw, which IMO should have that mean look to it.

I will admit, it looks nothing like the original. But the more I see it, the more I like it. You see all new quads go through this when they first come out. Wait a year or two and the 09 will grow on all.:D

FiveTwentyFive
02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Well said U1.

You could be right GE, because I was not a big fan of the Outlaw when I owned a Raptor. It grew on me just as soon as I decided to get one!

:D

Backstabber
02-21-2009, 02:44 PM

I'm actually out in a rural area. We have a mx track set up next to my friends house and I ride the trails in wisconsin. I used to ride FMX on my 400ex but it was so damn dangerous I decided to trail ride instead. So now here I am with the 700XX.:devil:

FiveTwentyFive
02-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Cool!

I live in NE Missouri, a rural area, and don't have much in the way of riding spots. No public land to ride on at all. Private land will cost me $10 to $20 per bike(plus transport fuel). Can you say Cha-ching?! It's B#LLSH*T !! Not to mention It Sucks!

:confused: :grr: :huh :(

Backstabber
02-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Cool!

I live in NE Missouri, a rural area, and don't have much in the way of riding spots. No public land to ride on at all. Private land will cost me $10 to $20 per bike(plus transport fuel). Can you say Cha-ching?! It's B#LLSH*T !! Not to mention It Sucks!

:confused: :grr: :huh :(
I hear ya, we're having trouble with the police now. we're also running out of room so we have to travel to the north woods in order to get a good ride in. :devil:

FiveTwentyFive
02-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah,

What really makes it suck for me is I like to ride every weekend. No matter what.

:(

bpjr07
02-21-2009, 07:39 PM
first time i saw then i thoguth it was really bad,,,,but once i saw it on the road and in action plus over time it looks darn good!

deathcorefan2
02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
WHY IN THE WORLD.
why, why why. would you come into the OUTLAW section. and say how ugly it is. your just looking for flames.

the 700xx looks like a chinese made, except with more pronounced fenders. thats the only difference, well the chinese ones are light also...so thats a BIG difference...

i love how everyone complained about the sportsman's weight, but then the 700xx came out and then people are like, well the weight isnt a big deal.

BS.

Backstabber
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
WHY IN THE WORLD.
why, why why. would you come into the OUTLAW section. and say how ugly it is. your just looking for flames.

the 700xx looks like a chinese made, except with more pronounced fenders. thats the only difference, well the chinese ones are light also...so thats a BIG difference...

i love how everyone complained about the sportsman's weight, but then the 700xx came out and then people are like, well the weight isnt a big deal.

BS.
WHY IN THE WORLD.
why, why why. would you come into the OUTLAW section when you own a 400ex? "looks like a chinese?" Where are you from? Nice broken english assclown!:devil:

FiveTwentyFive
02-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Deathcore,

Please read what I wrote. I never used the word ugly. I am entitled to my opinion, afterall. An Outlaw should look like an Outlaw. To me, that's part of what makes an Outlaw an Outlaw. Don't get upset, now. Besides, you are the odd man out here(400ex), not me. I was being polite and mellow about my opinion(i.e. "Don't like the look" & "disappointed"). That's not that harsh, Death, is it?

U1arunit
02-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Deathcore,

Please read what I wrote. I never used the word ugly. I am entitled to my opinion, afterall. An Outlaw should look like an Outlaw. To me, that's part of what makes an Outlaw an Outlaw. Don't get upset, now. Besides, you are the odd man out here(400ex), not me. I was being polite and mellow about my opinion(i.e. "Don't like the look" & "disappointed"). That's not that harsh, Death, is it?

I don't know, I mean the name Death... That is pretty harsh. I almost feel offended. ROTFL :D

deathcorefan2
02-22-2009, 07:53 PM
1. diddnt say you weren't entitled to your own opinion. just saying your looking for flames

2. i used to own a Polaris so bite me.

3. its not death, its deathcore. which is a genre of music, that i like.

Backstabber
02-22-2009, 08:01 PM
1. diddnt say you weren't entitled to your own opinion. just saying your looking for flames

2. i used to own a Polaris so bite me.

3. its not death, its deathcore. which is a genre of music, that i like.
LOL, why the hostility. We were all having a normal conversation and you showed up flaming(ha). Why dont you go back to your mom and dad's basement, light the bong and listen to your DEATHCORE music.:devil:

deathcorefan2
02-22-2009, 08:10 PM
LOL, why the hostility. We were all having a normal conversation and you showed up flaming(ha). Why dont you go back to your mom and dad's basement, light the bong and listen to your DEATHCORE music.:devil:

1. im 16, so obviously i do live at my parents house, DUH diddn't you?

2. no flaming, just telling you that is was kind of dumb to come in a outlaw fans/owners section and flame a quad

3. no hostility here

4. what do you listen to? talentless crap prob, like country, nickleback or rap hahaha

5. but to each his own, so if you dont like it, thats unfortunate, i like them, and they are the best bang for the buck quad for the most part.

Backstabber
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
1. im 16, so obviously i do live at my parents house, DUH diddn't you?

2. no flaming, just telling you that is was kind of dumb to come in a outlaw fans/owners section and flame a quad

3. no hostility here

4. what do you listen to? talentless crap prob, like country, nickleback or rap hahaha

5. but to each his own, so if you dont like it, thats unfortunate, i like them, and they are the best bang for the buck quad for the most part.
Whats with the grocery list? I wanted to hear polaris owner's views on the new style. There were some who were disappointed and some who like it. No big deal. I know its hard to control your hormones since you just hit puberty but no one here was hostil till you showed up. :devil:

FiveTwentyFive
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Lol,

Man, Deathcore, you really need to chill. I'm trying to be polite even after you try to stir up sh*t. I don't need your crap. Did I offend you somehow. Why don't you go to a conversation that you were invited to? It doesn't matter to me what you ride. Does it bother you what I ride or even what I think of a particular quad?

1. I was responding to HIM (backstabber). Who, by the way, didn't seem bothered that I suggested he get a different handle.

2. Good for you. You owned a Polaris. You don't need to get offensive with me. This a friendly discussion.

3. When I type Death, you know I'm talking about you. Just saving myself some typing. How about DC? Is that better?

deathcorefan2
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Whats wish the grocery list? I wanted to hear polaris owner's views on the new style. There were some who were disappointed and some who like it. No big deal. I know its hard to control your hormones since you just hit puberty but no one here was hostil till you showed up. :devil:

whats wish?

i thought i was the younger one.

i WAS a Polaris owner and forever a fan. I'm NOT being hostile, can you read?
a puberty joke? were you just starting puberty at 16? probably lol. all i did was say you were looking for flames and you start flipping out and spelling hostile wrong, [lol] you don't have to be a jerk, i was just saying.

FiveTwentyFive
02-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Don't be offended, Death, but I now know what's up with you. You need some education. You shouldn't start stuff with someone who in no way did anything to you. I didn't flame anything. I didn't say anything rude to you, so don't say anything rude to me. Fair enough?

Backstabber
02-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Anyyyyyy ways, back to what we were talking about fivetwentyfive... Good luck with finding places to ride. Hopefully polaris changes up the look and adds the efi. The outlaw is already a beast but it would be kick *** if they did that. Stay safe!:devil:

deathcorefan2
02-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Don't be offended, Death, but I now know what's up with you. You need some education. You shouldn't start stuff with someone who in no way did anything to you. I didn't flame anything. I didn't say anything rude to you, so don't say anything rude to me. Fair enough?

? wtf im not even talking to you. I'm talking to backstabber, why don't you tell someone to chill who is actually talking to you.

i NEVER replied to you. so why are you trying to talk to me? and how again did i stir things up? and how did i say anything rude to you?
i stated my opinion in my first post, if that isn't wrong like you guys claim, then i have done no wrong.

FiveTwentyFive
02-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, EFI would be THE selling point for me. I would get over all that other stuff REAL fast. Right back at ya, Dude.

:cool:

coalrat
02-22-2009, 08:33 PM
gees, glad this dont go on out on the trails, honda riders riding with only honda riders, polaris with polaris , no one would want an differrent looking quad in their group, we'd be all segergated into brand groups.

FiveTwentyFive
02-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Your little list sure sounded like you responding to what I said. If not, OK, but you were rude to him or me. Which was it?

FiveTwentyFive
02-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Death,

Yeah, you're probably right. I should apologize. I'm sorry.............you showed up in our discussion. You haven't exactly been friendly. Is that your intent?

Right you are Coalrat.

sheriff525
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
DONT STOP the flaming off! It is funny. for a minute I thought we would need a babysitter on this site.

Anyways. I have been heard to say that I think the Outlaw is ugly. I have an 07, and I will also say that now I think it looks cool. especially after you do some of your own touches to it. It is kind of like a mom with her kids. They can be the ugliest kids in the whole world but they will always be loved by their moms. HAHAHAHA.
All joking aside. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am not blind I just like things that are not cookie cutter. The XX and the Outlaw are anything but cookie cutter. I mean the XX looks like a chick quad with huge cleavage!!! the kind that would knock a chick out if she jumped.
Even the 09 Outlaw is cool looking to me. I like the forward slant it has as it sits still and I know that once I sit on one I will love how thin it is. I also know that if I got a chance to own one I would be tossing the red and going all white. Then it would look cool. I hate the polaris red (my opinion).

deathcorefan2
02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Death,

Yeah, you're probably right. I should apologize. I'm sorry.............you showed up in our discussion. You haven't exactly been friendly. Is that your intent?

Right you are Coalrat.

in all honesty, i wasn't trying to be rude until he criticized me for being in this section owning a Honda while he was doing the exact same, then he proceeded to make a puberty joke [real mature] and keep at it while all along, all i said was he was asking for flames. which he was, if i was to post how "FUGLY" the 700xx was in the 700xx section, i would get flamed.

that's it. i wasn't being trying to be rude, sorry if i came off that way.

EDIT: the first thing i listed was you. i wasn't saying your not entitled to your opinion.

FiveTwentyFive
02-23-2009, 05:17 AM
It's all cool. I was wrong when I thought you were talking to me. I threw in the odd man out thing and you said 'bite me'. I just thought that was at me. Moving on.

:ermm:

Outlaw 50
02-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Ok.........on topic, the Honda 700XX looks like a Honda to me and I don't care for them..

The original Polaris Outlaw looks like a reworked Polaris Predator and I do like the look of both of them.

The new Polaris Outlaw looks like a cheap Chinese quad and I don't like the look.......

And while we're at it, the new straight axle quads from Polaris should be called Predators, not Outlaws.....jmo.

http://i26.tinypic.com/291nuxx.gif

Outlaw6;=-
02-23-2009, 07:26 AM
The bike is starting to grow on me except for the front end, if there going with a single light it should be called a predator.
The 1 thing that made an Outlaw stand out was the twin headlights.
On another note is it just a rumor or has anybody heard about them testing the new 690 motor from ktm in the quads?

U1arunit
02-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw 50
Ok.........on topic, the Honda 700XX looks like a Honda to me and I don't care for them..

The original Polaris Outlaw looks like a reworked Polaris Predator and I do like the look of both of them.

The new Polaris Outlaw looks like a cheap Chinese quad and I don't like the look.......

And while we're at it, the new straight axle quads from Polaris should be called Predators, not Outlaws.....jmo.

http://i26.tinypic.com/291nuxx.gif

Very well said. I agree totally.

Backstabber
02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by U1arunit
Very well said. I agree totally.
This was exactly what I was looking for. I posted this here because I wanted to hear the opinions of polaris outlaw owners. For the most part you guys are agreeing with me. I definitely like the older outlaw for sure. If KTM is really coming out with a 690cc then the rest of us are screwed, lol.:devil:

deathcorefan2
02-23-2009, 10:49 AM
if they put the 690 in a quad it will be no contest, fastest motor ever on a quad.
holycrap, eat it zilla!

that would be so nasty!

they would prob call it something stupid like a 690,
lol

outlaw 690...
got a nice ring ;)

Outlaw6;=-
02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
The motorbike and atv show i went to last weekend showed there new KTM 690 Enduro R.
http://www.sfasm.com/dlrindexsend_pg_nv_veh_94753-2009.htm
I hope the link works.

scuzz
02-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Outlaw 50

I removed the outter fenders (and painted the wheels black since).

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/TRX700XX/100_9388.jpg

Backstabber
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
I removed the outter fenders (and painted the wheels black since).

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/TRX700XX/100_9388.jpg
Hmm, I like the color. I have the same. I'm going to leave my fenders on. The dont block much and taking them off wont help, haha.:devil:

scuzz
02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Hmm, I like the color. I have the same. I'm going to leave my fenders on. The dont block much and taking them off wont help, haha.:devil:

It's one less thing to scratch as far as I'm concerned.

It never gets muddy or rains here anyways....

Backstabber
02-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
It's one less thing to scratch as far as I'm concerned.

It never gets muddy or rains here anyways....
Ha, nice! I'm moving out by you!:devil:

08Outlaw
02-24-2009, 02:40 PM
May as well chime in on this one.....I have to agree with many of you on the 09 Outlaw- I have an 08 525s in solid white and now that I have added some goodies, wouldn't trade it even for the 09. With that said, maybe they will grow on me- have ridden one and it does FEEL smaller and more maneuverable- but no performance gains......
As for the Honda, it does look like a Honda and doesn't look bad, just different. In fact, i think they kinda look like Alien in the Alien vs Predator series of movies.
I prefer the 08 and earlier Outlaw looks over any sport quad except for the new KTM's (which I cant afford right now)

deathcorefan2
02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
i would change my mind on the 700xx if it diddnt have that ugly plastic grill looking thing..like if it was as clean as the trx450r in the front i would be a huge fan..

FiveTwentyFive
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I do agree about the ugly plastic grill looking thing.....