PDA

View Full Version : No Toil Air filters

snacob14
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
anyone have any luck with these? I am due for a new filter and I'm just trying to find something that will work well on my 250r?

02-21-2009, 12:31 PM
They seem to be more popular with dirtbikes and Honda approves of the filter. Personally I would rather go with a UNI for a foam filter.

NacsMXer
02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
They make good foam filters, much like UNI, Twin Air, etc. No Toil has awesome filter cleaning products too.

Rich250RRacer
02-21-2009, 02:52 PM
They don't have a groove to lock the filter to the ridge on the airbox. It seems to me like the filter could still slip off, especially if there's some oil on the mounting surface. Buy a good filter like a UNI, they took the time to engineer their filter to fit properly. I had a No-toil, and when I saw this, I took it back and got the UNI.

TWISTED
02-21-2009, 03:15 PM
I've been using No-Toil products since '98 and I LOVE EM!!!! I bought a couple of the filters last year and have had no problems with mine..... I also use UNI and White Bros, and they are just as good IMO............

thedeatons
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I use No-Toil exclusively for the last three years on four different applications. Never had a filter slip off, that is a ridiculous wive's tale. The filters fit super tight. Most of my filters are mounted directly on carb mouths, which is a small flange.

Their dual stage foam is spectacular, and their cleaning is the easiest ever. Their oiling process is great too. Dump the oil in a Rubbermaid ketchup dispenser, then stripe the filter with red oil, squeeze it, and you're done.

I use No-Toils for 3-4 days straight in the dunes with no Outerwear (not required according to No-Toil) or airbox. Never lost a top end yet, and dirt never gets through the second stage of foam. By the end of the weekend the filters all look like potatos, but they still flow fine, and filter great.

No-Toils are made in USA, right in Nor Cal. UNIs are not. Everytime I call No-Toil I talk with Lura, the lady who answers. She is great to work with, knows all the part numbers by memory, and is great with custom orders. They once made me an oversized filter with a 90 degree bend in it for an additional $5.

I do not have enough good things to say about them, they work, they clean easy, and they are a USA product.

James

Rich250RRacer
02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by thedeatons
I use No-Toil exclusively for the last three years on four different applications. Never had a filter slip off, that is a ridiculous wive's tale. The filters fit super tight. Most of my filters are mounted directly on carb mouths, which is a small flange.

Their dual stage foam is spectacular, and their cleaning is the easiest ever. Their oiling process is great too. Dump the oil in a Rubbermaid ketchup dispenser, then stripe the filter with red oil, squeeze it, and you're done.

I use No-Toils for 3-4 days straight in the dunes with no Outerwear (not required according to No-Toil) or airbox. Never lost a top end yet, and dirt never gets through the second stage of foam. By the end of the weekend the filters all look like potatos, but they still flow fine, and filter great.

No-Toils are made in USA, right in Nor Cal. UNIs are not. Everytime I call No-Toil I talk with Lura, the lady who answers. She is great to work with, knows all the part numbers by memory, and is great with custom orders. They once made me an oversized filter with a 90 degree bend in it for an additional $5.

I do not have enough good things to say about them, they work, they clean easy, and they are a USA product.

James

To each their own. Next time you talk to them, ask them why there's no groove in there to seat the filter on a stock box flange. Every other company that makes a filter for the 250R has the groove. If it was there, I would have used it.

thedeatons
02-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Not trying to bag on you at all, nothing personal, but who cares? My filters sit on a 1/4" wide carb flange right behind the front left wheel of some of our quads, getting blasted with sand for three days straight, and never fall off...

Why not just try one? They are a whopping $20. If it falls off, then complain.

Don't bad mouth a product because it doesn't adhere to your theory, when everyone else is having no problems.... That makes it sound like your theory may be unfounded, unproven.

Know what I mean?