PDA

View Full Version : 250r laeger no link swingarm

brandonpeake
02-21-2009, 01:47 AM
I was told this was a very limited run of this product but it is a swingarm produced by laeger that allows you to use you standard frame - It may have to be a laeger- I didnt get into that part but it allows you to run a no link setup without changing frames, you need a special shock and this arm, does anyone remember this part being produced I just want to make sure it is what I think it is before I shell out the $ for it

deathman53
02-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Roll Design made one

250Renvy
02-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Brandon, you are going to get hosed no matter what because you don't know what you want and you don't know anything about anything. People on here only have a limited amount of info.

If you don't listen to me, that's fine, but I hope you'll take it with a grain of salt at least. If you don't understand me then maybe you need to go to special schools - sorry for the insult but it's how it is.

SO HERE IT IS.

The difference between NO-Link, CR500 link and Stock link IS NOT the difference between Ferrari and a Chevy performance wise because it all depends on how well the rear shock is built for your specific needs.

All have their advantages, but considering you can't race 250R's in the pro-class and you are not a PRO-Racer, the extra money is not going to give you the performance edge you seem to be chasing.

Lastly, if you didn't grow up with a 250R when it was the SH*T and the best thing money could buy then put it to rest and get whatever you can find/afford and leave it at that - doesn't even have to be a 250R. For us that did grow up with it, it's kinda a weird obsession that goes back to nostalgia and familiarity. You are crossing that line but not in the same way. Maybe you should stick to your 450R and have the stock 250R you were trying to sell a while back as a fun/ spare quad.

So my final words : PUT IT TO REST. NOBODY CAN TELL YOU WHAT YOU will prefer, only trying them out will do that. If it's too costly for you to try them out, then just go with the most available - stock linkage!!!!

dustinshuler
02-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Da*n envy, you sure know how to make a guy feel good about him self lol.

Seriously Brandon its really not necesary to do this. I am not sure what your set up is right now. But if you have a stk swinger and linkage I will assure you that your better off to send your stk rear shock to Baldwin Motorsports and let Mark redo it for you for about 300.00 and thats all you need. I will agree that all the different setups are personell prefferences. But unless you are a pro racer its not worth experimenting with it ,it will cost you a ton. B.T.W. if Tim Farr and others ran it on a pro level then its good enough for anyone. Also it doesent really matter to anyone but for me the reason why Im in to the 250rs is deffinently for the nostalgia. I raced them for years and I just love them.If I can ever help anyone on this site Im glad to do so.

pepshocks
02-21-2009, 03:16 PM
yo brandon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want my money you owe me, and i want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!! you tell me u wanted that kori ellis chest protector , so i pull it off ebay, and its been 4 weeks now, pay up. oh yea fellow exriders.com members if you dont believe me go over to q u a d z o n e . com, under open discussion, theres a hunt for this kid. give me my money or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

woodsracer144
02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by pepshocks
yo brandon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want my money you owe me, and i want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!! you tell me u wanted that kori ellis chest protector , so i pull it off ebay, and its been 4 weeks now, pay up. oh yea fellow exriders.com members if you dont believe me go over to q u a d z o n e . com, under open discussion, theres a hunt for this kid. give me my money or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i know this is mostly thrown wood on a fire covered in gas.... but have you send the items to him yet? if he hasnt paid for them and you still have them whats the big deal? theres people that do this all the time to me... just my 5 cents... mabie i shouldnt said anything...

pepshocks
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
this is like the 20th time i got screwed over, brandon dont have to eat ebay fees or listing fees. im sick of it and not letting it go, im sure a lot of you guys out there feel the same way. I HATE SKUMBAGS, I WILL GET EVEN :macho

wolly_80
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
YOU TELL HIM GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh

pepshocks
02-22-2009, 06:26 PM
bang bang!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodsracer144
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by pepshocks
this is like the 20th time i got screwed over, brandon dont have to eat ebay fees or listing fees. im sick of it and not letting it go, im sure a lot of you guys out there feel the same way. I HATE SKUMBAGS, I WILL GET EVEN :macho
yeah i hear you about hte e-bay fees... that why i let me items go till the end unless i see coin.